DMR-EH60 Multiregion Hack

shaunr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently recording something to HDD and decided to watch an R1 dvd. I'm getting a message saying that the disc isn't compatible with the current system settings?? The player is supposed to be Multiregion (from Richer Sounds). Do i have to do something, or is it supposed to be automatic (or have my Richer Sounds forgot to mod this.. :( )

Thanks,

Shaun

Looking for answers on this it would appear that the EH60 will not deal with the 2 standards at the same time. ie You cannot record in PAL to HDD and playback an R1 NTSC dvd. I thought it might playback in PAL-60 but it appears not to like it.

Anyone else noticed this? (seems to have scuppered my idea of removing my old dvd player :( )

Cheers,

Shaun

How odd - at around the same time you posted, I was doing the same thing, recording on the HDD and attempting to watch a NTSC disc of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I also got the message 'wrong television standard' or whatever it says. I know my player (also from Richer Sounds) is multiregion because I checked it when I got it on Friday. Mildly annoying I suppose - as you say, I am removing my other dvd player to take it upstairs - but in our household we don't usually record stuff whilst watching a dvd.

Does the player play PAL discs whilst recording a PAL tv programme? Didn't actually try this.

It should play a PAL disc whilst recording. None of the Panasonics allow you to record in one system and watch an NTSC DVD as the same time.

Yes, it does allow a PAL disc to be played at the same time but i wondered why it just doesn't ouput the ntsc disc as PAL-60?

On another note, what is the point of the Timer button? The programme records whether it's engaged or not, except you get a warning message when not? Am i missing something here?

Cheers,

Shaun

If you turn the recorder off (standby), it doesn't record..........

So if i want to watch Freeview but have something in the Timed Schedule for say later in the week i have to turn off the timer and then turn back on prior to the programme start?

shaunr said:
Yes, it does allow a PAL disc to be played at the same time but i wondered why it just doesn't ouput the ntsc disc as PAL-60?

I does output as PAL 60 but the framerates are different between the recording (25fps) and playing (30fps), the internal codec can only run at one framerate so it wont allow the NTSC disc to be played while recording

I have a separate DVD player for playing commercial DVDs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom