1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dmr-eh50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pete M, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Pete M

Pete M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it true that Panny DMR-EH50 is now available in the UK. I was going to get the E85 but held off.

Does anyone know how the two models compare and would it be wise to go for the EH50?

Waiting to hear from all the 'Pros'

cheers

2. Roger G Cam

Roger G Cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Unbeatable" have it - but they are about the first. In fact -apart from the Panasonic website - I can't find it anywhere else yet. So it should go down in price once there is some competition.

It is currently about £100 more expensive than the cheapest E85 - it does allow more types of media and there are some strange things about......

"New LP record mode - up to 4 hours full resolution recording (500 lines)"

I probably haven't understood this but I am presuming that it is an improvement in the quality of the recordings - is the new LP equivalent to SP?

I think this product needs to be explained to thickies like me.

Roger

3. dramaturg

dramaturg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have it for two days now - in Germany it's called dmr-eh 52. Very nice. LP Mode is really almost SP quality. And it works now better with the Sky box, because it starts quicker via ext link. DVD-RW can be recorded as well and works fine. Menue is similar to the dmr-85.

4. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Hello.
    Can you tell me if there is any improvement in XP and SP recording modes please?

5. dramaturg

dramaturg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say, it's about the same as in the dmr 85 - I know they use a new encoder, but I couldn't even tell a difference between XP and SP on the old machine ...

6. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Thanks for that.
    Maybe I'll wait a while before "upgrading"!
    ( I probably won't though! )