1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dmr eh50 help needed please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nigelmurray, May 20, 2005.

1. nigelmurray

nigelmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone this is my first post on this forum and im hoping someone can help.I have the panny dmr eh50 connected to my skybox and want to record using the sky epg and ext link on the panny.The problem is if i try to record 2 programs that directly follow each other but on different channels the panny only records the 1st prog and as the 2nd is about to start the panny stops recording.Is the skybox sending some kind of signal when it changes channels and that is confusing the recorder? If so what can i do or maybe i have to change some settings.Please help as i am getting frustrated.
    :lease:
    Thanks

2. nigelmurray

nigelmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking that maybe i have it connected wrong. I have the recorder connected to the vcr scart of my skybox.How has everyone else got theirs connected what settings do they use on the recorder for ext link and has anyone encountered probs :lease:

3. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I connect as foll:

sky (tv out) to dvr (av2)
    dvr (av1) to tv (av2)
    sky (vcr out) to tv (av1)

sky:
    picture settings/video output - rgb

dvr:
    av1 output - rgb
    av2 input - rgb
    av2 connection - normal
    ext link - ext link 1

I don't use ext link on dvr.. just set timer manually

4. nigelmurray

nigelmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected up the recorder as the previous post had suggested and now im not sure if the recorder is at fault or my digibox. I switch the digibox off and have the recorder set on ext link 2.When a program starts that is in the personal planner the digibox switches on and the recorder starts recording.But if another program immediately follows this that is on a different channel the digibox goes back into standby and the recorder obviously stops.Has anyone got any ideas as i think maybe i am doing something wrong.

5. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bear with me as I am going from memory here and do not have sky, but I am sure I remember in the manual that EXT LINK 1 was for sky and EXT LINK 2 was for Freeview
    Hope that helps
    Regards

6. nigelmurray

nigelmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks i will try that and see what happens