DMR-E95 standby & picture qn

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rjms, Apr 8, 2005.

1. rjms

rjms
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After two long evenings of cabling, I've pretty much sorted out our Panasonic 25MD3/DMR-E95/VCR/Sky combo to my satisfaction, using the info in earlier threads, I have this set up ...

Sky TV out to DVDR AV2, DVDR AV1 to TV AV1, VCR to TV AV2

RF to VCR to DVDR to TV, Set Sky to RGB
    Set DVDR to RGB on AV1 and AV2

... from hornydragon's suggestion elsewhere. two problems remain, viz.

a) I only get a decent picture from sky if I use the TV AV1 input to watch it. In TV mode, the picture kind of shimmers with bands of colour moving across. It's only slight, but pretty irritating. I wouldn't worry about it, except that the TV defaults to TV mode when switched on, so there's an extra button to press.

b) When the E95 is in standby mode, there's no sky input to the TV in TV mode, only on AV1 - as though the pass through wasn't working.

Any suggestions to fix either of these would be welcome.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Set the recorder up with the av2 input set to decoder. It will always pass the sky signal then whether in standby or not. It will not though be able to record anything but the sky signal, so you loose some flexibility.(In effect it ignores the internal tuner when set in decoder mode)

3. rjms

rjms
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, I'll give it a go. I assume I would have to recable the vcr through AV4 if I wanted to record from tape to hdd?

thanks!

rjms

4. ladypickers

ladypickers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my E95 today.....nightmare cabling. I cabled as per attached picture which works until I try to watch a DVD what happens is that the TV defaults to the DVD channel AV3 which is fine but if I leave the DVD playing and want to switch over to AV1 on the TV I have no Sky signal or any signal for that matter at all unless I not only stop the DVD but have to eject it....if this is normal this machine is b******s. I must admit the Panny instruction book is probably the worst I've seen.....if its as complicated to use as it is to setup it will be going back :mad: