1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E95 - Repeat Play

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sdh500, Feb 8, 2005.

1. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't it a bit of a pain that you can't set the E95 to play everything on a DVD? Apparently this is only possible with a VCD or CD. I was quite disappointed to discover this. With all the bells and whistles on this toy, it's surprising that a simple feature like Play All would be omitted. :confused:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    In what context? DVD-R playback? Yes a Play All menu option would have been good I suppose. If you just want to 'play all' though both DVD-RAM and HDD will do this automatically.

3. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not just DVD-R playback, Rasczak, but more importantly, DVD-Video. These days, Special Editions can be so overloaded with menus (Lord Of The Rings, anyone?) I'd much rather just sit back and 'Play All" than constantly have to press the >>| button at the end of each little show. Discs with several episodes of a TV series present the same problem.

I'm tempted to bring out my old standalone player just because I miss that one little feature so much, but it would defeat the whole purpose of having less clutter beneath the plasma! These 21st century problems, such a hassle aren't they! :D

4. jpurkey

jpurkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can always decrypt the disc to your computers hard drive and then use the file mode of a DVD player like PowerDVD to play all. That is how I view the extras on DVDs. I decrypt only the non-movie files (which are usually easy to spot) so the process takes only minutes. And the time saved by not having to navigate the dsics menus, which often have unwanted animation, is worth the extra effort.

5. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good suggestion, jpurkey. I'm looking into this now. Cheers!