1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E95 Output & Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by milanlad, Mar 13, 2005.

1. milanlad

milanlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently bought a DMR-E95 DVD/HD recorder but have come across an unexpected output situation.

This is my setup and connection:

SKY+ TV o/p -> Pace Twin VCR/TV2 Scart

Pace Twin TV Scart -> DMR-E95 AV2

DMR-E95 AV1 -> TV Scart

All connections using fully wired scarts.

The Results:

When SKY+ is on, Pace Twin is in Standby, and DMR-E95 is in Standby, I can see the SKY+ picture & sound on the TV. This is as expected.

Then when I switch on the DMR-E95 I get the following result:

The SKY+ picture disappears, and I get a normal terrestrial channel on the TV. I was expecting the SKY+ picture to be passed through to the TV. I do have AV2 selected as input on the DMR-E95, and I believe all other connection settings are correctly set on the DMR-E95.

The weird thing is:

In this state, when I press the Functions button to bring up the meu on the DMR-E95, the SKY+ picture comes back and is seen in the background.

Also, when I change the input channel on the DMR-E95 to AV1, AV3, AV4, or 1 (for BBC1), 2 (for BBC2) etc., there is no change on the TV. I would normal expect BBC1 to be seen on the TV if channel 1 is selected, BBC2 when channel 2 is selected, etc.

Now,

If I record from AV2, or record channel 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 on the DMR-E95, this works fine and I can successfully playback the recorded material.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Could the DMR-E95 be faulty, or is the Pace Twin taking effect on this situation?

Many thanks in advance.