DMR-E65 / 85 : internal TUNER to SCART RGB out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by napp, Oct 2, 2004.

1. napp

napp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I asked the same question in another thread but I've strangely got no reply.

The question is simple : is the internal terrestrial tuner of a Panasonic DMR-E65 or E85 directed to the SCART RGB output real-time? In fact I own a Pioneer DVR-5100 but when I watch the tuner real-time the Pioneer outputs *composite video only* from SCART! That's frustrating because the picture quality is sensibly lower on my 50" Panasonic plasma compared to the SCART RGB output I get when watching DVD or recorded DVD.

There're rumours the Panasonic DMR-E65 or 85 can always output SCART RGB, even from the internal tuner, can anyone confirm?

Thank you very much!

napp
    Italy

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    Napp, there may be an issue specific to the Italian models. The UK Panasonic models can display the internal tuner via RGB Scart - but so can the UK Pioneer models. Accordingly I suggest you seek further advice prior to purchasing.

3. priit

priit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did You check with Pioneer what was their position regarding the problem? I checked here in Estonia with the same issue - no output to Scart RGB in real time.. no excuses and solutions provided. I was not happy. Hoped that they would see my point but not.