DMR E55 / PW6 Blocky Picture Problems

A

AxxxxA

Hi guys, can anyone help.

History
I have a panny pw6 plasma with sky digital and a recently bought panny e55 DVD recorder, I have installed it as per the recorders instruction i.e. scart from skys VCR connection to the recorders AV2 connection and a scart from the recorders AV1 to a RGB to VGA converter into my Panny pw6 VGA connection. all connections are turned on as RGB and I have used good quality Thor scart leads, fully fired.

Now for the problem
Since the recorder has been installed the picture quality seams to have gone down hill, all the images on screen now seam to be slightly blocky around the edges (not really bad but just enough to be annoying) it is especially noticeable on the shopping channels were the text is constantly on screen. I have tried playing with the settings of the TV an recorder but I cant get my head round what could be wrong as it seamed ok before the DVD was installed.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks
Matt………

have you got component input on pw6?

mep said:
have you got component input on pw6?

No, only 2 scart terminal boards and the RGB to VGA converter.

I'm thinking of getting rid of one of the scart boards and replacing it with a component board. Can anyone tell me if the component board will give a better picture quality than using the RGB converter.

Cheers

Correct me if i`m wrong, but isn`t the TV scart output the only one that outputs RGB on a Sky box?

hornydragon said:
the VGA will take Component on PW6/PWD6 so a 3/5 RCA cable to D-sub will be your best/cheapest route to see if component looks better via E55...Why did you start a new thread? http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188412

thanks hornydragon, any idea were i can get hold of one of these cables with the vga plug / 3 component connections ?? as as for the additional tread, i wasnt sure if i needed to insert a different thread in both the dvd and tv sections. Sorry..... :oops:

thats steep at £19 i have seen some BNC i think at £8 from manufacturer in china.... try another search on ebay global they are cheap enough to post
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64631&item=5751475077&rd=1
£6.93 approx........+shipping
as you see BNC are much cheaper...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67859&item=6743577177&rd=1
RCA cheaper too http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64631&item=5751363155&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
cheers hornydragon, i will get one sorted and give it a go.

i have been reading on the forum that the problem could be the digi box itself causing the blocky pixelation problems, any views on that ??

I also have the PW6 and E55. They're connected by a £25 component to VGA cable from Keene Electronics - so I didn't even have to buy any terminal boards. I'm very pleased with the pic (except from analogue cable) but I haven't tried any other cables to compare it.

cheers brooketop, i have just orderd one so we shall see when it arrives, what digi sat box do you have ?? as i am still using the original pace one that came out when sky digital came on the sean a fair few years ago.

I have NTL analogue cable - cos it only costs £4 a month (on top of my telephone bill). Can't really justify Sky as the vast majority of my viewing is DVDs. I have just bought a 2nd hand Panasonic Freeview box off ebay to see if I can get a better pic and because the pics are broadcast in widescreen, whereas terrestrial is 4:3 - but I could be misinformed. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Brooktop said:
I have NTL analogue cable - cos it only costs £4 a month (on top of my telephone bill).
ntl digital will make quite a big difference and should cost less than sky for basic package..

BUT the digital comprehsion can cause pixelation on broadcast which you cant rally do anything abiut excpet make sure Dish is properly aligned and connections are good...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom