1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E50 RGB Input Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by saspden, Dec 6, 2003.

1. saspden

saspden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've recently brought the DMR-E50 and it is very impressive. It puts VHS tapes to shame. The recordings made using LP is very good; far superior to VHS.

However, I do have one problem. When watching cable through the RGB Input, a slight black dropout occurs on the recording when a bright transition goes to a dark scene or vice versa such as when a bright flash occurs. This doesn't happen when the input is set to composite scart. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, would I be better of using a second DVD player to transfer material recorded on a Ram disk to a -R disk or to transfer it to a PC before burning it to a -R disk on the computer

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure that input is set to RGB.I would try another lead

3. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This has been discussed many, many times on the forums.
    Search for something like RGB E50 dropout or something.
    (It happens on the HS2 as well)
    I think the conclusion is that there is an incompatibility between the teleworst digbox (maybe other cable boxes too) and the panny recorders.
    There is no fix to this (or I have not found a fix to this) apart from use composite. If you try recording using another RGB source then you will find the problem magically dissappears.
    Azzo.