1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR E50 Problem and Possible Upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Warnie, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi guys, I bought the multi region format a few years ago (can't remember from where!) and I noticed this week that it won't play some of my region 1 dvd's - more often than not it won't play them, region 2 are fine.

Has anyone else heard of any problems like this ? I am thinking of buying another recorder to replace it now and if there is no simple fix to the above can anyone recommend a replacement (that will play ram discs) and the best place to buy ?

Thanks.

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like OPU a little sad, either by dust,smoke or OPU weak, would suggest try cleaning lens and blow out OPU, you may get a few more miles from the old girl, otherwise a replacement drive or a new recorder

3. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    cheers. Funny how the region 2 discs will play and some r1 too. Not to worry, the recorder has done a great job. Probably go for the next oneup as i don't need a hard drive (have sky+ and tivo). Don't think they cost too much to replace these days, might get a multi region for around £150 !

4. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Ok, have decided to take the plunge and buy one of the following. If anyone can let me know what they think it would be appreciated. They are both available around the £185 mark for multi region. Not after a hard drive at the moment due to sky+ and tivo so straight forward dvd recorder :-

Panasonic DMRES10 or
    Panasonic DMRE65

which one is the later model ?
    cheers guys.

5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    DMRES10 is the new one. It is a replacement for the E55.

E65 replacement isn't out yet.

Mark