DMR E30 recording anomaly

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Faust, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hope someone can shed some light on this anomaly. I've had my DMR E30 for some time now and it still delights me with its features and performance. I can record Sky, Terrestrial, and archive my old videos without any fuss. I can also still use my video recorder to tape Sky and Terrestrial. What I cannot do is transfer anything I've recorded on the DMR E30 to the video recorder - wife has a video in her sewing room. I'm puzzled by this and wonder if anyone has a simple solution without further leads or plugging / unplugging leads. My set-up is as follows

RF connections as follows, aerial RF in into Sky digi box RF out into DMR E30, RF out of DMR 30 into RF in VCR and then RF out of VCR into television.
    Scart lead connected from the VCR output into the Sky AV2.
    Further scart lead connected from the Sky RGB AV1 output to the DVD-RAM AV2 input. Finally a further scart lead from the DMR output into RGB input on the TV, AV1.

:confused:

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Possibly because the DMR E30 has to be set to record and play either in RGB mode or composite video mode. If you want to record onto VCR try changing the settings on the DMR E30 to "video" rather than "RGB".

There's some detail on page 61 of the instructions.

Failing that, wait til Bobbles is around - I think he would know the answer to this problem.

Hope this helps!:)

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The e30 would need to be connected by scart lead/comosite or s-video to the vhs, for the vhs to record the signal coming from it (i.e e30 output-vhs input).

The rf output is just a pass through I belive so that you can watch tv channels on your tv and not just through the e30. It doesn't send the actual dvd output from the dvd player, for that you need a scart/composite/s-video connection from the e30 to the vhs.

4. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ferris is spot on but I wouldn't mind a fair bet that so is Kaz

If you want to record to VHS you must set AV2 to video not RGB

It looks to me you are going to need a scart switchbox as your VHS will not alllow an RGB signal to pass through

ie SKY -> E30 IN -> E30 Out -> Switchbox

switchbox -> VHS and TV

The Argos Switchbox is very good value (the one without an attached scart)

ok I have to ask, is there any need to keep your VHS?

anything you want to keep on VHS you could transfer to -R

Also why not buy the mrs the S35 a relatively cheap RAM player, you could edit out all the ads I am sure she would love that :)

5. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

Thanks for the info everyone. The only reason I keep both my VCR's is I somtimes tape one item on the video (for the wife), and if programmes clash then I use the E30 as well. Then I get the problem from the wife of - I would like to watch the item recorded on the E30, but she wants to watch it in the other room. I am considering buying her the combi NV-VP30EBS released this month by Panasonic £270 which plays the Ram disks plus VHS. This would give us the best of both worlds - and at a pretty fair price.

6. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks a sensible choice to me

7. Fuel Crusher

Fuel Crusher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a video connected to my E-30 just to record only (for kids bedrooms) I use the composite output connections on the back of the E-30 & it works a treat.

Paul

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seems the sensible option