dmr-e30 recordable media question

qixman

Standard Member
Reaction score
wondering what make of dvd-r people are using i have tried a couple of types with varying success - bulkpaqs work fine, i just find them difficult to get a hold of locally. Any suggestions on disks and websites at which i can buy them would be appreciated.

Well we are on the topic is there anywhere online to buy cheapish DVD-Ram disks i am currently being charged £17 for 9.4gb caddied disks

SVP have ram discs at £3 odd each so that'd be £6 for 9.4gig, I haven't tried these but I did get a batch of the even cheaper ones that bigpockets had in a few weeks back and they worked fine. As for dvd-r take your pick, what works great on one recorder may not be so good on another. See the thread What discs for Panny E30 .

Paul

Have used about 5 fws white dvd r disks,
only 1 kind of failed,but after 2 mins the e30
went through recovery mode,and the disk
worked without any problems
Just purchased some Mirror dvd ram for about £3 each
which so far have performed brilliantly

regards

jools

I'll second that. I bought 5 of the Mirror dvd-ram discs from SVP for £15 and have tried all 5. I've tried each of them in different record modes (XP, FR etc.) and have found no problems so far.

Actually, I did have a slight judder for 1/2 seconds on one disc but I could live with that as these are for watch once and delete recordings.

The Yellow DVD-R 50 for £28 whatever it is from big pockets work a treat

I bought 8 DVD-RAM for £3 each from blankdisc which need formatting but are fine

I am actually finding that i am never using the -RAM, I've only used them a couple of times if i have wanted to tape two things from sky

I would love -RAM to be eventually cheap enough to use as the media to archive

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom