Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DMR E30 and Philips PF9986

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dogboats, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Dogboats

Dogboats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apparently, my Panasonic DMR E30 is a progressive scan player but it has no component outputs - just SCART and S-Video. The Philips 32PF9986 (due to arrive later this week :D ) only has SCART, DVI and some VGA/conponent/DVI adapters. How does the E30 output progressive scan and what's the best way of getting it into the 9986?

God bless anyone who can help! :rolleyes:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    The Panasonic E30 is not a progressive scan capable DVD recorder!

3. Dogboats

Dogboats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think you're right but, sadly, there's a thousand websites like this one - http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/news.cfm?id=727 :mad: - that have got my hopes up.

If I flog the E30 (a smashing piece of kit IMHO :smashin: ) what should I upgrade to to get a prog scan input into the 9986? I like the Panasonic a lot - do they do something with a hard disk that'll do the job? :confused:

I paid £100 for the E30 (second hand of course) I guess I might get that back if I sell it. What do you think? ;)

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    All current Panasonic DVD recorders output progressive scan component output. The current range consists of:
    - Panasonic E55 (E30 replacement)
    - Panasonic E65 (E30 with iLink and PC/SD Card slots)
    - Panasonic E75 (E30 and VCR combi)
    - Panasonic E85 (80GB HDD/DVDR combi)
    - Panasonic E95 (160GB HDD/DVDR combi with iLink and PC/SD Card slots)
    - Panasonic E500 (400GB HDD/DVDR combi with iLink, DTS/DD/DA decoding, MPEG4 recording etc)

NB: I only say E30 to give you an idea. In reality the models are now two generations ahead of that machine in playback and recording performance.

To be fair that link is referring to the US model which was a progressive scan capable model!

5. Dogboats

Dogboats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, Rasczak - the 9986 arrived, the E30 looks great thru it but I think I'm going to go for the E95. :)