1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E30 and Gen4 disks

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by charker, Oct 5, 2002.

1. charker

charker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Anyone tried the White Label Generation 4 disks in a DMR-E30?

I tried one and it recorded the film OK, apart from it took me 3 attempts to add a title. Now the other 2 I have refuse to work with the 'orid U11 error, "Bad Disk".

I have just ordered a 100 pack of these and am now a little worried, I normally use Bulkpaq Gen3(2) disks which work 99% of the time in all my players.

Cliff

2. snyphr

snyphr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about the E30 as I've got an E20, but from my experience I get the same error message when I use the 2x Media. The machine thinks they're bad discs. When I chuck em in my PC they're fine.

Because of that, I tend to stick to the Generation 3 - 1x media Like the Whitelabel, Datasafe and Choice.

I haven't tried the :devil: Bulkpaq:devil: Gen 3 as the first lot of bulkpaq I got (the white top rubbish) were so good that I had to pull the power, restart and quickly eject on my E20 to get the crappy blanc discs out!!! As they say once bitten twice shy en all....

3. charker

charker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    It's bizarre, it worked OK with one 2x disk but the other 2 are a no-go. They work OK in my Pioneer 04 burner.

I used the Bulkpaq White-topped disks mainly in my computer but they play back fine on the E30. I don't think I have tried the white-top ones in the E30, maybe I'll give it a go.

The purple Gen3 V2 disks from Bulkpaq have worked flawlessly, over 20 of them over the past two weeks and they are only 45p a disk.

Cliff

4. Trailblazer XP

Trailblazer XP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cliff,

Can I ask where are you getting bulkpaq X2 for 45p please?

I've had a lot of trouble with media recently, particularly white label X2, 100% failure rate.

Regards,

TBXP.

5. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am at present using my first batch of FWS X2 media from SVP. I have tried them on the E20 but mainly on the E30. So far I have used half of them without having the E20/30 rejecting them.

My concern is having read that Pioneer burners have been at risk when using X2 and X4 media unless the unit has recieved a Pioneer upgrade. I wonder do the panasonic set top recorders or PC burners suffer the same risk??

6. charker

charker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The bulkpaq disks aren't X2, they are Gen3(r2) (second edition or something) single speed. Only need single speed in E30.

I bought then from bigpockets originally and some others from a place in Liverpool (can't recall the name), do a google search you will find them somewhere

Bigpockets are selling White Label X2 at 69p but they fail in the E30

Cliff