1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E100 Why can't I transfer my own finalised discs back to my HDD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Logo Hater, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have tried once or twice to transfer programmes from discs that I have recorded myself and have finalised back to the HDD (Having deleted the original), so that I can make another copy for others. My DMR-E100 won't allow me to do it.

It is as though it treats the disc as a commercial one and it is copy protected. Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a way around it?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It is a copy prevention feature, you are not permitted to copy from the dvd drive anything, even if the machine itself has created it unless it is on a -ram disc.
    If you want multiple copies you must retain the master on the hard drive. You could though play the disc in another player connected to th recorder and copy from that as it will not be copy protected, but you will suffer some quality loss fromn the master disc.

3. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thankyou, I suspected as much. It does however seem nonsensical, to stop the transfer of something the machine has created.

I have taken to retaining a RAM copy of everything I fel I may need to reproduce again though, it is costing a fortune in RAM discs, but it seems to be the only way.