DMP-BDT500 or DMP-BTD460

SRT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to replace my existing Panny blu ray for a 3D capable one and wondered if anyone had views upon the BDT500 and BDT460?
I see that the BDT-500 are no longer easy to get hold of and hold a high price.
I also see the latest BDT-460 is similarly priced but is it likely to be as good do you think?
I know there is a BDT-700 due later but I really cant justify the likely price for that and wont ever convince swmbo :)
Thanks.

Hi,
I am looking to replace my existing Panny blu ray for a 3D capable one and wondered if anyone had views upon the BDT500 and BDT460?
I see that the BDT-500 are no longer easy to get hold of and hold a high price.
I also see the latest BDT-460 is similarly priced but is it likely to be as good do you think?
I know there is a BDT-700 due later but I really cant justify the likely price for that and wont ever convince swmbo :)
Thanks.

The 460 should be a good replacement in terms of picture, but I don't think it'll be as good audio wise looking at some of the specs. Do you need the analogue audio outputs?

The 700 will have an rrp of £549

Thanks for that:)
I have my old Onkyo TX-SR 875 handling sound pretty well and was looking to use the twin HDMI feature of the Panasonic for the picture and sound for any 3d stuff. 3D is not really so important but I have a copy of "Gravity" that I would like to see on the small screen as I enjoyed the cinema version.
The 700 does sound good but I am walking a tightrope even for the 460:rolleyes:

I am still browsing Panasonics and now I am confused as I see this at Currys website :Buy PANASONIC DMP-BDT360EB Smart 4k 3D Blu-ray Player | Free Delivery | Currys

and its not even mentioned on the Panasonic site. It seems like the same spec as the 460 except its black not silvero_O

If it's not on the Panasonic website, that would indicate that it's an exclusive model for Currys and not generally available, which means no shopping around for a good deal on the price.

The '360 will not do 4K JPEG Playback (*like the '460 does), only has 1 HDMI socket and it doesn't have an SD Card slot.

Again you have my thanks:)
I really did not notice those differences - and now see its 1 HDMi with an optical:blush:
I sahall stick with the 460 price tracking then - shame its only in silver but its not a biggy :rolleyes:

Strange there's no reviews on either of these models yet as they've been out for a little while now.
I'm currently looking for a new 3D Blu Ray player and am interested to see if the 4K upscaling is just a gimmick or if it actually makes a real difference.
Can we expect to see a review of the 360 or 460 here soon?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom