DMP-BD30 firmware 1.3

Downloaded and installed this morning. Went on in about 4 mins.

I had hopes for this, being my first f/w upgrade. The loud POP! on the DtsHD soundtrack for Golden Compass near the start of ch5 is still there - made the cat jump, again. As are the spurious glitches in the image. I suppose it must just be a shoddy disc?

Read elsewhere that this update is supposed to fix the TrueHD audio drop outs some people are getting. :smashin:

Downloaded and installed this morning. Went on in about 4 mins.

I had hopes for this, being my first f/w upgrade. The loud POP! on the DtsHD soundtrack for Golden Compass near the start of ch5 is still there - made the cat jump, again. As are the spurious glitches in the image. I suppose it must just be a shoddy disc?

The pop on DTSHD is a hardware issue in certain makes of receiver - Yamaha, Onkyo & Integra. There is a lengthy thread at AVSForums which also lists some of the discs involved of which Golden Compass is one.

As such a firmware update of the BD30 won't solve your issue. However there are now updates available for the receivers - not sure which ones and how it applies to the UK. (It also seems that Golden Compass is still effected post any firmware fix:( )

Thanks Hardeep,

I've just done the 'pop' update for my wOnkyo 605 this morning via the BD30 and its all sorted, no more cats jumping out of their fur!:smashin:

Worth mentioning here that the update wipes out all the assignment and EQ settings on the amp. Now where did I put that little microphone...

Cheers!

good god will I ever be able to access the damn firmware page without receiving an error message of some kind?!!

Tried looking for somewhere hosting the file but have been unsuccessful. sigh.

good god will I ever be able to access the damn firmware page without receiving an error message of some kind?!!

Tried looking for somewhere hosting the file but have been unsuccessful. sigh.

Hi Dan99x. :)
Can you not get Panasonic to send you out a firmware disc? :) or is that just to damn slow. :(
All the best.

Thanks Hardeep,

I've just done the 'pop' update for my wOnkyo 605 this morning via the BD30 and its all sorted, no more cats jumping out of their fur!:smashin:

Worth mentioning here that the update wipes out all the assignment and EQ settings on the amp. Now where did I put that little microphone...

Cheers!

Did ur update work straight away through the BD30? Any particular settings used?

Thanks

Gav

Did ur update work straight away through the BD30? Any particular settings used?

I'm not quite sure about the answer to that one! I assumed that it was a good idea to turn off the BD30's audio via HDMI and set it to 2ch before even starting. Then I wasted some time reassigning the opt2 input on my 605 to CD:suicide:

When it didn't work, I realised that although you press the amps CD input as part of the instructions, the optical feed from the BD30 is supposed to go into opt1 anyway:clown:

Anyways, after farting around, my aim was to make sure I could hear an audio CD playing on the BD30 via opt1 on the amp with the HDMI cable removed. I figured once this was achived, then the update should work. And it did.

If this is 'common' Panasonic practice, they should be 'roasted' over the coals' and left out to dry.

Read elsewhere that this update is supposed to fix the TrueHD audio drop outs some people are getting. :smashin:

Might have to give this a try then. Will use Close Encounters, has it seems to be the worst for TrueHD dropout. Tho the DTS-MA track plays fine.

Might have to give this a try then. Will use Close Encounters, has it seems to be the worst for TrueHD dropout. Tho the DTS-MA track plays fine.

Hi Lord Bunky. :)
Close Encounters is reportedly fixed by the update :smashin:.....so they say. :D
All the best.

Does this fix the problem with the Cars TrueHD Soundtrack??

Gav

Nah king,

Had a massive pop happen 11 mins into it. Never had that before. Then had another dropout after 54 mins. Turned the movie off after that. Will try other TrueHD disc later.

Im really getting fed up with this BD30. Wish i didnt buy it if im honest. Might order a Denon 2500BT if it doesnt improve on other discs.

Regards.

Nah king,

Had a massive pop happen 11 mins into it. Never had that before. Then had another dropout after 54 mins. Turned the movie off after that. Will try other TrueHD disc later.

Im really getting fed up with this BD30. Wish i didnt buy it if im honest. Might order a Denon 2500BT if it doesnt improve on other discs.

Regards.

Damn :( sorry,mate..............still problems then.

The file sizes of the compressed and decompressed files seem to bear no relationship to the sizes quoted on the Panasonic Update site. Is it sensible to try and install? Roger

The file sizes of the compressed and decompressed files seem to bear no relationship to the sizes quoted on the Panasonic Update site. Is it sensible to try and install? Roger

I'd say be careful - when I tried it the file size of the compressed download was exactly the figure they quote( but you need to look at the actual file size and not the 'size on disc' which is always a bit larger). Mine installed with no problems in 3-4 minutes.

I put this link up for a mac user having difficulty with the .exe file - be my guest!

http://www.tightlittleisland.co.uk/panafirmware13.zip

That's great thank you very much! I'm sure the site has been up but every time I've tried there is an unavailable message of some kind. I'll give that a whirl later today.

I'm happy with my BD30 but I'm still a little unsure how best to set the audio tracks (using digital coax feed as my amp is hdmi-less). I'll read a bit more on here, very useful forum :)

I'm happy with my BD30 but I'm still a little unsure how best to set the audio tracks (using digital coax feed as my amp is hdmi-less). I'll read a bit more on here, very useful forum :)

Hi Dan99x. :)
Leave the BD30 set on bitstream. :cool:
Cheers.

Can safely say this doesn't fix the Cars TrueHD soundtrack problems:mad:

Back to the drawing boad!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom