DM900CII still need a card

user109

Standard Member
Hi all,
I have a DM900 CII SG version. and it need a card to work. I got a so call "card King" to work on it and it just fine over a yr. Now my box can't receive any channels except those"free" channel. :confused: I suspected my card has expired although when I got it from a supplier that claimed it won expire.. Anyone knew how to alter the "xpire date"? Thanks.

logiciel

Hi.
When subscription cards expire it is necessary to pay again to make them work.

user109

Standard Member
Hi logiciel,
I understand the green card will work fine with it for some yrs to come. I seek some methods to read the card contain.. :) Will appreciate if other gurus can show the ways..

logiciel

Your guess that the subscription has expired is probably correct, and the information from the provider that it would not expire was probably wrong.

Are you talking about a genuine subscription card from a satellite broadcaster - if so which and for what channels? Or are you talking about a "pirate" card to steal pay TV?

If you are talking about a genuine subscription card then the days of being able to read or adapt its contents (without using an electron microscope and higher technology) are long gone (over 10 years) - encryption techniques have moved on a lot since those days.

logiciel

I wonder if any app can revert the xpire date.. :rolleyes:
If any could do that the person who used it would be committing a civil offence.

If any could do that the person who used it would be committing a civil offence.
Actually I think you will find it is a criminal offense - there have been prosecutions for similar offenses at least involving "chipped" cable and satellite receivers.

logiciel

Thanks - I wasn't sure which word to use there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom