DM800 Channel List Problem

dream boxer

Novice Member
I`m trying to upload a channel list to my dreambox 800 I`ve used opendbedit and dreamboxedit. I have my ip configured correctly but when I click send to dreambox it sends then displays sending reload command failed reboot the dreambox by hand. When I do a reboot no settings are changed in channel list. Anyone have any ideas please ?????? I have also tried to ftp settings to enigma 2 folder and xml to tuxbox with no joy either.

tia,
blozzer

lovelldr

What firmware you using? Gemini 3.8 uses lamedb v4 which requires you to convert the channels list...

dream boxer

Novice Member
Hello, I`m using LT5th image, although I tried gemini via Barry Allen then tried channel update but exactly the same. Can you please tell me how to convert channels to lamedb then the process of how to upload to dm800. then I can load gemini via Barry Allen, upload channels as lamedb, do a back up of etc folder, then reboot with LT image, the do a restore of etc folder. Thanks for your help

Blozzer

thfccambs

Banned
I have to unplug DM at back after loading channel list to get it to show.
I'm using gemini 3.7

Start DREAMBOX EDIT

go to OPTIONS, and set up the comms to your unit, ip/passwords etc
also make sure that the 7025 option is used...bottom left (option3) on the screen

use the test buttons to ensure the set up is correct, save

make a file, thats easy to find...call it from unit800 channel list

and another, reload 800 unit channel list
then add the channel list you have downloaded with in reload unit800 channel list to this folder

then select FTP

on the new screen, select BROWSE..and locate unit 800 channel list

then hit the RECEIVE FILES FROM DREAM BOX

save

then select "OPEN" (top right of screen) and select reload unit800 channel list and modify as you wish...save to the same folder (skip this if no changes are required)

then select FTP and hit BROWSE again, and select "reload unit800 channel list folder" instead...you will see the new list

then select RELOAD settings on dreambox

ignore the message, could not connect

then hit the SEND FILES TO DREAMBOX

you will see several fast scrolling list of info...once done...restart the unit

best to give it a few minutes before restart

http://www.allsats.co.uk/index.php/topic,5477.0.html

lovelldr

If your firmware needs lamedb 4, then you can use dreamboxedit 3.0 apparantly (not tried myself yet), and there's an option to convert it in there. If it's not lamedb 4, then you should be ok with current list.

dream boxer

Novice Member
hunts1uk, I tried your advice but after I hit get settings from dreambox a message displays my channel list is too old. I am at present re-flashing to enigma and trying again. Thanks for all comments I`ll lyk how I get on.

blozzer

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom