1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DM31 & Floor Standers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by thevoiceofalan, Apr 20, 2005.

1. thevoiceofalan

thevoiceofalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Going to buy a Denon DM31 & I want to get some floor standing speakers. Will the Denon be powerful enough and what speakers would you reccomend between £200 - £400. I was thinking kef q4s at the top of my price bracket end or am I being daft n should buy kef q1s or something with similiar power requirements?

Alan

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Q4's will be dandy. They are easy to drive (8ohms) and have a high sensitivity (90db), so will go loud without much power or much strain on the amp. :thumbsup:

You should look at other floorstanders with similar specs. Mission, Tannoy and B&W are suitable makes too.

3. thevoiceofalan

thevoiceofalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Nobber22 :thumbsup: ,

I dont know anything about home audio, but I know I like the dm31 and q4's.... and that both have had good reviews. I dont know any models for the other speakers like the missions etc. so wouldnt know where to start... any recomendations? :)

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Why floorstanders ?? At risk of repeating myself over and over again.........there are no perfect speakers, dont trust reviews, listen with half an ear to other peoples recommendations. Please go and demo some speakers, lots of different ones (even if they have had no reviews whatsoever), find a good dealer who is interested in helping you achieve your aims not just interested in selling you something, your spending your hard earned on something you have to live with for a while.

Imagine choosing your room decor in a similar way........whooo hoo pink with black spots got a five star review, I should get that or your latest clothes purchase decided by someone that reckons a bomber jacket and shorts is a great look. Trust your own ears, dont trust anyone elses.