1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP would seem best

Discussion in 'TVs' started by la gran siete, Jun 13, 2005.

1. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,766
    Having compared the three rivalling flatscreen formats I reckon DLP to be the clear winner. The other two seemed to be bright and garish whilst dLP ( Sagum in particular) just appeared more natural. Given that its relatively new format and with such competetive prices I'm wondering whether they may end up replacing CRT and drop in price even further.Only down side is the sheer side of the beasts.Not everyone wants such behemoths in their living rooms.

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Mind you if you you're not intent in hanging a flat panel from the wall a DLP takes up no more room and weighs less than an equivalent sized plasma display on a stand.

3. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Looks like I might have made a switch from my original idea of a wall-mounted plasma.

I have a 48" CRTRP at the mo, but it's well past it's best and I wanted something slimmer anyway. I was so close to buying a plasma panel but then I thought about screen reflections - and I found out that my room has too many windows to make a wall-mounted plasma with it's shiny glass screen watchable in daylight. So, as neilmcl says, if I'm going to put a big telly in the dark corner of my room, then it's going to be a dlp not plasma. And beside that, a 42" screen is just too small. :rolleyes:

4. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,766
    42" too small? :eek: :eek: