1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP vs LCD help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bazthesonicfan, Aug 7, 2005.

1. bazthesonicfan

bazthesonicfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i'am considering buying a 50" samsung dlp rear projection tv, i dont see rainbow effect as a problem for me, but am worried about the thickness of this screen due to the size of my room, ive seen the picture in HD signal, and i love it.

thing is ive seen lcd screens, and i think that terrestrial tv pictures and the like look pretty awful, but its good for my room as i can hang these types of screen on my wall, and i prefer these to plasmas because i will be surfing internet and playing video games on it an awful lot, and LCDs apparently do not get burn-in as I've heard.

what i would like to know is, and i would be greatful if someone could help me soon as i am thinking of buying within the week, is if you were to compare a DLP rear projection tv with a HD signal's picture quality with an LCD screen's HD signal's picture quality (in which i have never seen before) which would you think be the best option?

if i need to provide more information on this to help answers, please let me know,

thanks

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    This forum is aimed at front projection devices, you may be better asking on the rear projection forum...PJ :)