1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP v Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pwood, Feb 1, 2005.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I wondered what you plasma enthusiasts thought about the new Toshiba and Sagem D45 DLP screens. From the specs and price they seem to have many advantages over Plasmas straight out of the box and they appear compatible with Sky high def.

2. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really depends what you want to do with it.
    DLP prices are very good for the sizes available, certainly favourable over Plasma.
    However;
    1) DLP does still suffer from some depleted viewing angles.
    2) You can't hang a DLP on a wall.
    3) DLP will be cheaper and easier to repair.

From what I've seen if viewed in the correct environment, at the correct angle with the same good material there isn't a lot to choose between them, though of course other people will have other ideas. It really depends on what you want, where you want it etc.

3. Likvid

Likvid
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    A good DLP like the Sagem Axium or similare does produce deeper blacks than plasma, however i am sensitive to rainbows and i didn't like to get another huge box in my livingroom.

I don't regret my purchase, Panasonic do deliver excellent images and the blacks are almost like watching it on a CRT.

I would recommend a plasma anyday if you can afford it.

4. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    DLP`s are great:just be aware that dust settles on the internal optics over a period of time (well it did on my old Sony rearpro) & causes a kind of "cataract" effect. Plasma`s arent perfect either, i find that fast moving sports are prone to motion judder. Guess there isnt a perfect technology at the moment:there always seem to be trade-offs.

Dan :)