1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP TVs info?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sapkan, Aug 26, 2004.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am considering a DLP projection TV but dont know enough about them. Can anyone please give point me to reviews, information and share experiences with the above technology.

Who makes them?
    how do they compare to plasma, pj, normal projector tvs?

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    I would suggest starting with the Sim2 Domino range and their Grand Cinema range. We have (Sevenoaks Edinburgh) the Domino 45 on display and the picture on it is stunning, makes the picture on a plasma look really coarse and washed out. The Domino range consists of the Domino 45 at £4500 and the Domino 55 which is £5500 I think. The grand cinema range also consists of two models the RTX45 and the RTX55 which retail at about £8000 and £9000 respectively. The RTX55 is also available at extra cost with a HDMI input.

3. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Forget the Sim2, have a look at the Themescene 65" i saw it yesterday, and so impressed i'm going for one, you can connect everything except the microwave, and the picture in 1080 is just so stunning it blew me away, also being only £4500 it beats the hell out of the sim's

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi sapkan,

There's a separate forum for Televisions, both direct view and rear projection - you can find it Here

Have a look there, posting your query in that forum might elicit some responses to your question from enthusiasts who are primarily interested in TVs.

Sean G.

5. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you see it. Did a quick google but can only find info on their projectors.