1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP RPTVs : Toshiba 46WM48P & Sagem Axium HD50

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by digitize, Jan 17, 2005.

1. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is adressed to owners of DLP rptv
    TOSHIBA 42WM48P or
    SAGEM AXIUM HD-50

Can you tell me, in all honesty, how does the Tosh46 / SagemAxium50 perform, as far as viewing from an angle, both vertical / horizontal is concerned?

I am very much intrerested to buy any of this TVs (or Tosh 52) but I'm quite concerned about angle viewing, as this is quite important to me. I've heard that the Sagem Axium is better when it comes to this, but I have always been an avid fan of Tosh (I've got 2 at home), so I would like to keep the tradition if I can.

Also, what is your viewing distance from the screen? (I'm just thinking that the Tosh 52 will be a little too big for my living room, and the Tosh46 or Sagem50 will be just right.

Another question, how is the Tosh/Sagem when watching analog terrestial feeds? Also when watching regular non-HD DVDs from regular non-HD, non-progressive DVD players?

And have you seen any rainbows yet?

Please reply. Many thanks.

live, let live, let die...

2. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have an Axium and I must say I have not noticed the rainbow effect and I have my tv in the cneter of room with sofa opposite then chairs on each side and I can see the tv fine where ever I sit.
    I would say honestly that the standard RF feed is crao unless you sit very far away or use sky didital with RGB scart cable then its very good IMO but the whole I dea for theswe TVS is HDTV and dvd which it comes into its own amazing picture on DVD and HD footage.
    I know sky are going with HDCP the sagem doesnt support it in the 50" model but I think the tv is so good its worther getting and just usung the samsung DVD player to disable the HDCP so you can view sky HDTV when it is released :)
    I cant comment on the Tosh as I havent seeon one myself but the stats of the sagem are better on paper.

3. VT 4 CCTV

VT 4 CCTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Tosh 46 ad sit at 11 feet or near to that. I or my view sit either directly in front of it or at a 45 degree angle and must say that the brightness and clarity is superb.
    Furthermore,from the hall way which s about 20 feet standing you still get a very crisp an clean image.
    i dont think the TV is watchable at near distance or at high seating positions apart from your normal sofa'.
    maidstoneman30s

4. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evolution400

How is the Sagem50 when it comes to vertical angle viewing then? As I am more concerned about watching from the top, rather than sideways.

Did you buy it with the optional stand? What is the height of the TV screen using the stand?

5. Phil Harris

Phil Harris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The vertical viewing angle is not that great, if I stand near a few feet from the set looking down at the screen, it looks fairly dark.
    I solve the problem by sitting down...
    I bought the stand with mine, and cannot imagine where one would buy furniture that would not provide a good viewing angle.

6. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil Harris;

Is that a Sagem or Toshiba?
    What is your viewing distance?
    In general, are you happy with the set?

7. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I had my Sagem on the floor so was looking down on it when on the couch for about 2 weeks while I tried to find a suitable stand and the pciture seemed perfect to me if your standing right next to the tv and stand up granted its not very good but who watchied a tv from that angle ?
    :)
    Dont get the Sagem stand its a rip off I got a kenmark plasma stand which is available from Comet for £199 and fthe Sagem fits on there great.

8. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    evolution400

What is your viewing distance from the TV?