DLP RP TV and terrestial signal

tealandsilver

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Currently looking for a new widescreen TV, had initially decided on a Tosh 36zp48 crt as it is known technology for me. However spending the past 3 nights looking through this amazing forum I am wondering whether to go down the rptv route. I don't want a "monster" tv as I don't want to frighten the missus, probably max screen size of 46" or so. I'm upgrading from a Panasonic 28". I don't have satellite TV (got rid of Sky couple years back) and spend most time viewing terrestial channels, freeview or dvd's. Do rptv's give sharp pictures with terrestial channels, or do they just amplify any fuzziness in the picture? Any advice/comments would be appreciated, as would suggested tv's (up to around £1800),

thanks,

David

PS go easy, this is my first post! :)

Not well suited to terrestrial analogue (but then again no widescreen TV is really).
Freeview should be OK, on the better channels anyway. Remember that the channels that look a bit ropey on a 28" will be more noticable on a bigger screen.

DVDs will look amazing.

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to go for the Toshiba 36ZP48 rather than rptv,

regards,

David

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom