1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP Rainbows and the 'Distance Selling Regulations'

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CooperUK, May 28, 2004.

1. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    One for the legal eagles out there - or manufacturers.

If I buy a DLP projector via the web, and under the 'distance selling regulations' decide that the rainbow effect is not for me, can I return the item within seven days and get a refund.

Does this still come under the 'cooling off' area of the regulation or not?

I ask as my local PC dealer has internet purchasing/delivery, but will not do a demo on its merchandise. If I got it delivered, could I then take it back if I don't like it?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address please :D

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,032
    Not a legal expert, but my understanding of the DSRs is that you don't have to have or give any reason to reject the product and cancel the contract, within 7 days.

I believe the product has to be returned in "as new" condition.

The DSRs are intended to give you the same "facilities" (if that's the right term) as someone who visits a bricks and mortar shop and checks out the product before buying it. In such cases, the box would be opened, the product would be used, briefly, but all the packaging and accessories would be otherwise intact and undamaged.