Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DLP Projector - Infocus 7205

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lrawlinson, Mar 22, 2005.

1. lrawlinson

lrawlinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased and installed an Infocus 7205 Projector and 110" Firehawk screen. The picture is absolutely amazing on High Def. and DVD sources. However, my XBOX looks terrible on it. The XBOX is installed using component Monster cables. Does anyone know of a setting I need or does the picture for XBOX just not work well on projectors???

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,715
    Is there an option in the menu for changing the signal type it expects to be coming into the component input? If there is, try changing it and see which one looks best. Sometimes there are options for RGB, YpBpBr etc

Gary.

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Irawlinson, is your XBOX modded in some way to output a progressive picture. When I had mine connected prior to being soft-modded via component to my 5700, the picture was bad. When I modded it, and output 480p picture, it's really, really good :)

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Also note that even when and if chipped some PAL games will still only output 480i which looks very poor compared to 480p, i.e the image looks very soft and sort of out of focus in places.

5. lrawlinson

lrawlinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all of you for the help. I switched the video settings on the xBox console to HD and now the picture is awesome!