1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP problems and HS10 warranty

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gecko, Jan 23, 2003.

1. gecko

gecko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I’m going to buy a projector (mainly for watching DVDs) and have been reading the posts here with interest. I’ve seen demos of four projectors so far - the Panasonic AE100, Optoma H55 and two incarnations of the SIM2 (HT200 and HT300). I found the two cheaper(!) DLP projectors quite tiring to watch, and my first two questions are is this common and if so is it something you get used to? I don’t fancy the idea of buying something that’s going to give me a headache every time I watch it!
    The H55 had rainbow effects that were very distracting although I didn’t see this problem on either of the SIM2 projectors (the HT300 was very good but way out of my price range! Ideally I’d like to spend less than £3000). I was also impressed with the AE100 and it strikes me as a bargain at it’s current price. The picture was not as good as the other projectors but far better than I expected given that it’s been replaced with newer models. It was certainly an improvement on my old TV! I’m going to try to see the Sony HS10 sometime soon although the Sony store at Harrods told me that it’s not available in the UK yet (mid January). Does this mean that all the HS10s in the UK are Japanese imports and if so what affect does this have on the warranty?

Thanks,

Steve.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HS10 is available from a few sources within the UK.

Check the ad banners up top for one.

Japanese imports are not covered by a pan worldwide warranty, so will not have any UK support.

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the HS10 demonstrated at my local Sony Centre in Reading = which also had them in stock for sale.

plenty of online suppliers have them. Look on PriceRunner.

nexnix.co.uk have them and rgbdirect.co.uk have them too. Also 'avland' in coventry have them.

Try going to somewhere real rather than Harrods...

You should be looking at paying about £2100 for one. Don't pay the Sony Centre £2700.

4. gecko

gecko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, for the replies sorry for the delay in responding but my PC has been out of action! In the meantime I bought a HS10 + free screen from NexNix. Very pleased with it overall... See thread on HS10 silencing for more details.

Steve.