1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP Nirvana?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jrwood, Dec 16, 2001.

1. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://communities.msn.com/AllkindsofPhotosmainlyfromtheSharp9000U/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

That sharp looks pretty good for a DLP, anyone have this projector in the UK?. Also I'm glad to say that I don't suffer from rainbow effect after borrowing an Infocus LP350 (XGA DLP 1200 lumens) projector.

I must admit that the blacks were if anything the same as my £1000 LCD projector!, however in the reviews they state due to no cinema mode on the LP350 that the blacks for a DLP were poor + the light leakage. Still it was nice to see a DLP in action even though I thought the lumen rating of 1200 was way overrated compared to my 550 lumen cheapy LCD projector!.

I think my next projector at the beginning of 2003 will be either the Sharp or some other DLP which has no light leakage as the Infocus LP350 does. Although by then no doubt some other technologies will be available hopefully bringing the price down even more, so we truly have the best portable cinema setup.

James

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    James,
    your spot on!!
    The truth is that real enthusiasts know from prolonged multiple projector watching(crt/dlp/lcd)thats theres bugger all in it between the good un`s ...the thing is..the art is..getting the best picture for the best price..
    The dealers will always wax lyrical about the one they have in stock(surprise,surprise)-its in no way indicative of whats really the best picture or value.
    Musical Images are prime examples of this,i remember looking at the sony 10ht-and it was the greatest thing since sliced bread ...the following week it was the Sim2 ht200(slightly better black level thats all!)-would you have paid 2k for this improvement?
    Doug

3. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £2k?! no way!, also I read somewhere that the cinema does'nt have black blacks (if that makes sense :confused: ), and I've noticed on some DVD's output to TV the black = dark grey especially noticable in letterbox mode on the TV. Anyone else notice this?.

I'm prudent with cash except when it comes to cars!

:clown: