1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP Newbie Calibration question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by digitard, May 18, 2005.

1. digitard

digitard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried a basic search but turned up more confused than when I started.

I am ordering an Optoma RD50 (or RD65H) next week. Now I know I need to get it calibrated, but i cant do that for another few weeks due to bills needing to be paid.

In the meantime would a DVD like DVE or AVIA do to get me in a nice solid area until I can get my local Calibration tech to come out and get it really looking nice?

I'm not an electronics moron so I can figure out just about anything if I have a starting reference point, but I've never had to calibrate a TV before.

D.

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Yes I think you will get on fine with DVE (get PAL version, AVIA not available in PAL) and if you want reference setup get an ISF guy down at a later date. We use Gordon (Convergent AV) for all our calibrations and he covers the whole country.

TBH with the Optoma you will find the TV is very close to what DVE will give you on some of the inputs. There will need to be some grayscale adjustments but you will find the colour is quite accurate "out of the box".