DLP - Minimum Throw Distance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by s2holdings, Dec 29, 2006.

1. s2holdings

s2holdings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I am looking at setting up my new house with a new cinema in the living room.

I am taking my old Amp/DVD/Speakers etc to start with linked to a New 42" plasma mounted above the fireplace.

I am looking at installing a ceiling mounted projector/ and a motorised screen in the ceiling. I have sourced a couple of good ceiling recessed screens and i am looking at a couple of projectors.

But what i need to know is what is the minimum throw distance to get at least a 80" screen.. I would like a big as screen as possible as i am not looking at moving for a few years and would like it to last 5 years.

The distance i have between the 2 walls is 3.3 metres. taking into account the mounting of the prjector and screen this then comes down to 2.6 metres.

the room dimensions are 3.3 x 5.5 metres then widens through archway to 4x4 metres. I do not want to switch the room around as this would mean i will be mounting the screen infront of the window and will not go down well with the rest of the family.

the projector i am looking at is the Ax100.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,182