1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP "green dot crawl" -problem...What is it?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Hammer Schultz, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Hammer Schultz

Hammer Schultz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen this mentioned few times in reviews and I wonder what it looks like in practice, I've checked out few DLPs (Samsung 46LH3 the latest I think) and they had this problem of 'greenish' picture meaning that the screen looked like it had a green transparent plastic over it. Is this the 'green dot crawl' -problem or not?

I still haven't seen a good DLP screen, all of them lack in either colors (see above) or in brightness (the picture is very dark even with maxed brightness).

I'm looking for something in the ~46" range meaning something between 40 and 50 inches, can anyone recommend a good DLP set without the problems mentioned above?

2. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about the Dot-crawl thing but I think the Sagem HD D45 or the Samsung SP46 are the best (or the very rare Themescene (Optoma) RD50).

There is a brand new Sagem 45 that's just come out - same name but with G4 at the end - it has a freeview tuner and 2 HDMI ports.

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Don't go off screens set up in stores - usually the picture is not set up properly and feeds often leave a lot to be desired.

Have had the Samsung SP46 for going on two months now - superb picture in every department and have never seen this "green dot crawl" problem.

The nearest I've seen to what you describe is the horizontal motion smearing problem on Toshiba sets.

4. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Partly true, well I did experience that with I connected an s97 to my TV.
    Blacks tend to look greeny/ dark green