1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP good for gaming?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Dazzyman, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Im thinking about getting either the Sagem 56" or Samsung 50" DLP (HD) now when I sell my pinball table (medieval madness) and want to double check theres no problems with blurring or refresh probs etc.. with playing console games on them (and PC games). I use a PS2, Xbox and gamecube (via ntsc on em all for import games) and will be getting a Xbox360 in december at launch as well so games are an important part to a TV for me as well as watching my stack of ntsc films (yes I am in UK but I get a lot of imports as spend most of my time in bed due to health issues).
    So does any of u have problems with games on the sets then or delay issues like Ive heard about LCDs or are they all good and I should stop worrying?

2. Jonesey

Jonesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi Dazzyman,

I placed an order today for my Samsung SP46 DLP. I am very much a games console addict so I took my xbox to my dad who has this tv also. I played burnout3 for an hour, rallisport and doom3. There were no delays at all whilst playing these games, I was very impressed. The only lag I did notice, which was probably about 3 times in the whole evening was when the movie cut scenes were playing, but this was too small a problem to worry about. The graphics were just as good as they were on my sony 29" crt tv so that did it for me. I was surprised to see a few rainbows though, but after you get sucked into the game, I didn't notice them at all.

I was sold!

Regards.

3. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Thanks Jonesey :)

4. dunsters

dunsters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I use my Sagem 56" for PS2 and PC games. Halflife is so good you can drink the water and touch the blood splatters on the screen - and all at 56" high resolution!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The system has absolutely no problem dealing with the fast moving images no matter how much I flick my mouse around the 1st person view and no matter how many explosions/shots wing towards you (WWII and III has become very real in our house on Call of Duty and Battlefield2 multiuser) and my sons love showing off to friends with MGS, football, and Need for Speed racing on the PS2.

The Sagem is excellent at all this and gets a full thumbs up from me:smashin: :smashin:

I will try and ping some photos to show what I mean later in the week:cool:

Cheers:hiya:

5. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Oooh cheers Dunster this would be much appreciated!.
    The Sagem 56" is looking more and more like top of my list now and as I have a nice 6800ultra and play HL2 etc so pics would help to sway me :rotfl:

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Love gaming on my RD65.

Try out Flatout. Great racing game. Farcry looks good to as well as Halflife 2.

:)

7. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

I use my xbox more than anything lately on my SP50, absolutely fantastic, no lag, no blurring or anything. Just sheer enjoyment. :D