1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP Choice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by reelfan, Mar 23, 2004.

1. reelfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all

Im new here so please excuse any strange comments I may make for a while, I have a Hitachi PJ-TX10 which is Just over a couple of months old, the home cinema bug has bitten me hard but I find that I already want to upgrade to DLP looking to spend around the £1500 mark, I have placed the Optoma H30 aat the top of my list at present due to the rave reviews this machine is receiving, I wil demo the unit at the weekend, rainbows have not bothered me yet on other machines I have demoed so I assume this will not be a problem, can anyone give me any advice for or against DLP appart from rainbows and especially if there are H30 owners out there I would be very pleased to hear your views, also I am looking to sell my Hitachi, I will place it on the relevant forum but would like to avoid private selling hassle if possible, are there any good dealers who will offer god part exchange.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. RTFM

Mar 6, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Horsham, West Sussex
    You may find it difficult to get a good price trading in you Hitachi against an Optoma H30 as the price differential is only approx £300.
    Remember the dealer has to add VAT to your trade in when he sells it but can't claim back the VAT.
    You would most likely get a better trade-in against a more expensive unit.