DLP bulbs question

brian2205

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello, my name is brian. i got 1 question. i have started to sell dlp bulbs and wandered if im allowed to ask anyone if they need any , compatible or genuine bulbs for all sorts of makes and models. i can supply . and under cut anyone on the net. i dont want to get wrong . so thats why im asking first, regards brian

Hi Brian and welcome to Avforums

I think you need to contact one of the moderators as I'm fairly sure there is some kind of registration charge for buisness sellers.

Good luck with your new venture, lots of people looking for cheaper lamps on here, myself included.

Hi Brian and welcome to Avforums

I think you need to contact one of the moderators as I'm fairly sure there is some kind of registration charge for buisness sellers.

Good luck with your new venture, lots of people looking for cheaper lamps on here, myself included.

hi legriffe. well i was one of those people who could not afford to buy the expensive bulbs here in the uk. so in the last week i decided that there must be more people in the same boat than me, and as im at home all day looking after my disabled wife i thought of selling them for the same as i get them for, so i found a supplier and had to haggle for a few days to get good prices on all bulbs. so really i would be passing on the deals . cheers for your comment . ill wait for response from moderator , and see what they say. cheers brian:smashin:

Brian
If you will be selling for profit then you will need to speak with our sales team and discuss becoming a assured advertiser!

If as you say you are simply passing on the deals, then that isn't a issue and you can use our classifieds.

Hope that helps

hi . thank you zone for the advice, well if it hits of with people needing them , then i would put a little price on top for doing the ordering and packing when they get sent to me . as long as the cost are covered then is that ok. but like i said the original bulbs are around 120 pounds and compatible lamps are around 90 quid , so a damm site cheaper that they sell in the uk for there bulbs . so thanks again for advice,:smashin: regards brian

Hello Brian and welcome to the forum.

Hats off to you for your efforts. Just a couple of thoughts for you to help you avoid any legal pitfalls going forward... Who is responsible for warranty?

I'd hate to buy a lamp and then lose any potential savings if there was a fault. Or worse still, find that the cost of shipping and sorting a problem means I could have bought a UK sourced lamp cheaper. You can see where I'm coming from I'm sure.

So, are you going to be the supplier, in which case you're the person responsible for replacing the lamp FOC if it goes faulty, or do you intend to pass the buck back to the wholesaler?

As I see it I think you need to decide to be either a retailer or an organiser of a PowerBuy on behalf of a retailer. Each has obligations though.

A retailer has to make sure they can afford to replace any faulty lamps. The cost of that comes out of the profits. There may be an agreement with the wholesaler to recoup some of those costs, but that still leaves a portion outstanding for shipping costs, time etc. Or, as is common with Chinese suppliers, there is a No Returns clause in the sale which means they wash their hands of that responsibility in exchange for a lower price.

If you are organising a PowerBuy then you wouldn't have to shoulder the warranty burden, but your supplier certainly would. Would they be happy to do so? It also means disclosing your supplier's contact details and that might be something you want to check about with them first. They may be happy to do so, or it could cause problems; but it definitely needs to be discussed.

If it is a 'Not for Profit' PowerBuy then that means having an open book policy as far as costs go. In other words, you'll be giving all your time and effort free of charge for the collective benefit of forum members. Of course you'll also benefit from the lower pricing that comes from buying in bulk, but if you make a profit on the deal then you become a retailer and the whole warranty issue rears its ugly head again.

I think your intentions are great and wish you the very best of luck getting this off the ground. Lamps are an expensive item, mostly because of the cost of making such as precision piece of optical engineering, but still it's great to get some lower pricing in to the market just so long as the quality and reliability stay high and the usual consumer rights and safe guards remain in place. All I'm saying here is protect yourself, make sure you will have happy customers, and ensure that the reputation of AV Forums is maintained.

The very best of luck to you :)

Last edited:
hi, thanks for the message. well i could be a power buyer or a supplier, all original bulbs have a 3 month warranty. and the compatible bulbs have a 2 month warranty. i was told. i spoke to him this morning, and they said that they would need a picture of item and see what the problem is , and state if the item needs to be sent back or not, and if there is a problem with the bulbs they can be sent back to them , but they said they will decide and tell me , anyone needing there address , i will comply and they said they will too . if the item has been broken in shipping they will replace it, i just need to know in time to sort the matter out, i dont mind doing that for everyone. just want everyone to be happy with the deals. so if your all up for it and give it a go!!! so am i . ready and waiting lol.
the supplier will reply to me with a warranty guarantee for all of you. so its legit. hope this answers a few questions
cheers brian

hi, thanks for the message. well i could be a power buyer or a supplier, all original bulbs have a 3 month warranty. and the compatible bulbs have a 2 month warranty. i was told. i spoke to him this morning, and they said that they would need a picture of item and see what the problem is , and state if the item needs to be sent back or not, and if there is a problem with the bulbs they can be sent back to them , but they said they will decide and tell me , anyone needing there address , i will comply and they said they will too . if the item has been broken in shipping they will replace it, i just need to know in time to sort the matter out, i dont mind doing that for everyone. just want everyone to be happy with the deals. so if your all up for it and give it a go!!! so am i . ready and waiting lol.
the supplier will reply to me with a warranty guarantee for all of you. so its legit. hope this answers a few questions
cheers brian

sorry plus i have got another question about classifieds . it says i need to put in a price . i would have to list so much as there is about 10 makes and about 200 models of projectors .how am i gonna do that ???? cheers

sorry plus i have got another question about classifieds . it says i need to put in a price . i would have to list so much as there is about 10 makes and about 200 models of projectors .how am i gonna do that ???? cheers

sorry got to be correct , there is 21 projector makes and 890 different bulbs types, :eek:

come on so many people on here and no answers . got to be more on the ball than this lol

so if i did do this . how many would be up for getting cheaper projector bulbs ?????????? cheers brian:smashin:

With respect, you have one thread in the general projectors forum. I suspect that most users here only read the threads directly relevant or of some immediate interest to them. In other words, I think you need a thread in the classifieds section under the sub section TVs & Projectors.

Now, as for listing 890 different lamps I think that's impractical and too time consuming. How about you do a little research and find the most popularly discussed models when it comes to pricing replacement lamps. That way you'll be pricing lamps for models that people are actually interested in.

Brands to start with would be JVC, Panasonic, Optoma, Epson, Infocus, Hitachi, Sanyo, Mitsubishi, Benq, Sony - and only those used in home cinema projectors.

From a business point of view you're going to have to work quite hard to get this off the ground. There will be some interest, but the percentage actually converting interest to order will be quite low in the early days. That's human nature. Not many people want to be the guinea pig. Perhaps have a look at some of the other powerbuy threads and see how they have progressed.

Good luck with this :)

Brian

PM one of the moderators who look after the classifieds and ask for guidance!

Good luck :)

Brian

PM one of the moderators who look after the classifieds and ask for guidance!

Good luck :)

hi . i sent a pm to one moderator for guidance and got no help. so i think this will be a waste of time , well it was a good idea , but no help to get it of the ground like your moderators said. no support, a shame . sorry peeps . would have got all original bulbs dirt cheap. cheers brian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom