1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP Blur - my final conclusion (probably)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fleagledog, Mar 9, 2005.

1. fleagledog

fleagledog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on the road at the moment and staying in a hotel that has the normal 20" CRT in the room. It takes a feed from Sky digital and low and behold, last night, I saw the blur on it, several times. So, as far as I am concerned, this is definitely NOT a DLP effect. However, because our DLP sets are so large and clear, the effect is definitely exagerated but not caused by DLP. Thats my final word on the subject (until my next one).

2. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    i think by blur you mean smearing which some digital broadcasts suffer from i prefer smearing on movement to pixelation any day.

check out two feeds one analogue (decent feed)

same channel digital box one thing that was startling was just how clear analogue ca be and secondly how completly faded digital colours are compared with the vibrant analogue feed. night and day.. Digital at current RES and Compression isnt capable of displaying a decent image IMO just needs bumping up a little bit nothing majour couple hundred more lines res and less compression ration should produce a fine picture then add component feed option (progressive) and at least VGA socket from settop boxes and that should be good enough for a long time.