DLNA Streaming

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by bchase, Aug 22, 2013.

1. bchase

bchase
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi not sure if this is the correct forum but I have a Panasonic V720 camera whic his DLNA compatible. I'm trying to work out if I can stream video in real time from the camera through DLNA to a Windows 7 PC.

I have set up the camera as a device on my network and can now see it in Windows Media Player as a device. If I open it I get sub folders 'Music, Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV, Playlists' and then under video I can see all the recorded footage. However I can see now way of accessing the live content.

I wondered whether anyone has had any success?
    Thanks!

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,159
    Although DLNA is in theory capable of streaming of live content, afaik know no camcorder is currently capable of this. Streaming of recorded content is restricted to already compressed recorded content on the flash memory/HDD.

The same restrictions apply to content recorded on a HD-PVR capable of DLNA streaming. You can only stream from the HDD recording (You can do this while the recording is in progress (Chasing Playback).