DLNA Protocol Error (7522) on PS3

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Ashworth2002, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Ashworth2002

Ashworth2002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am new to this, but I use my PS3 for streaming from my PC using windows media player 11 since the 2.50 update I have been getting an error on my PS3 'A DLNA Protocol Error (7522) has Occurred' when I try to stream my music, streaming photo's & video's are no problem, has any once come across this one, if so how do you get round it.

2. parptoot

parptoot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I get exactly the same, I have read on another forum that this was not an issue with an older version of firmware. I have also read that if you cut down the size of the files being accessed the PS3 will see them, but I'm happy to wait for a new version of firmware, unless someone comes up with a proper cure.

3. _DAI2K_ANG3L_

_DAI2K_ANG3L_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guy's,

I found a solution to the DLNA 7522 error.

Basically. . . forget about using windows media player 11 (wmp11) to do the media sharing to the ps3.

+ Firstly - go into wmp11 and disable the media sharing though clicking tools | options | Library | Configure Sharing. Unticking the sharing box and clicking ok will disable the service.

+ Secondly - download and install the media sharing program called TVersity from the following website:

TVersity - Download

TVersity has been updated specically to work with the ps3, and also has added bonus features to enable you to stream tv shows through your ps3.

Please Note: you will need to install this as an administrator. If you are using Vista the website below will explain how to disable User Access Control (UAC). I used method 1 on this page.

Disable User Account Control in Windows Vista

During the install there is a section where it asks what file times to enable; enable them all and the ps3 will stream all your file types (including dvd backups - VOB files).

+ Thirdly - click the TVersity shortcut on your desktop, click library then click add items to add folders that you want the media server to share and monitor (e.g. folders from an external hard drive). The windows music folder, videos folder and pictures folder are shared as a standard - you can remove them from the monitored list if you only want to share folders from your usb or network drive.

The very first symbol (top left corner of the interface) can be clicked to bring up a menu to start, stop or restart the service. The settings button in the top right can be clicked if you want to change any of the settings (e.g. to enable the server to automatically start when the pc / laptop starts up).

And there you have it all media will now share nicely (music, videos & pictures), with the added bonus of tv streaming on the ps3.

Important Note: This works fine with a wifi setup, but for a bit better performance wire up the pc / laptop hosting the media sharing service with an ethernet cable; the other devices (eg. ps3) can remain wireless. For extreme performance wire up everything (the pc / laptop & the ps3).

4. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855

Then thirdly ditch TVersity. It's past it's sell by.

and install this PS3 Media Server :D

5. _DAI2K_ANG3L_

_DAI2K_ANG3L_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hmmmm...jus checked out the PS3 Media Server site, as requested!

As at today (02.08.09) there are currently 155 open issues with your suggested product:

Issues - ps3mediaserver - Project Hosting on Google Code

I think i will stick with TVersity for now, as it ticks all the boxes and works! ;)

6. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    This is because people are experimenting doing things that TVersity couldn't even begin to think about doing and it's open source.

for out of the box streaming/transcoding TVersity doesn't begin to come close.

Your choice of course....stick to TVersity if you want but you'll be missing out on Custom Box art display on the PS3 XMB, streaming of softsubs, IMDB info support, realtime directory browsing to name just a few features.

Not trying to force anyone to change but simply advising there is better software out there. Not many people have used PS3 Media Server then gone bac to TVersity (actually don't recall any)

Rememeber you can install this while TVersity is installed as well to try it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  7. _DAI2K_ANG3L_

_DAI2K_ANG3L_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have installed both of them now and am actually quite shocked at how quick and easy PS3 Media Server was to set up. I have not noticed any real difference in performance of the streaming, as they both seem to play the same (on my network anayway).

I will give credit where credit is due, as PS3 Media Server works well and i personally have not seen any errors yet. I like the fact it displays your chosen shared folders immediatly, intead of having to browse serveral folders through XBM.

The one downside i noticed is that there were only 3 web tv channels available using ps3 media server (and they were all french channels!!!). lol - I assume there is a way to add more channels, i havent played around with it yet to find out how or if it is actually possible using this program. Any pearls of wisdom would be greatfully received?

8. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Good on you for giving it a Go. If you have a look on the dedicated PS3 media Server forums there are heaps of web stream feeds. afraid it's not something i use myself though.