• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DLNA plasma tv

jojogun

Standard Member
What is the best DLNA enabled TV in the £700 bracket. I've looked all over the net but am getting really confused...:)

duncfunk

I think the only DLNA plasmas are the Samsungs but the 650 costs around £900 so above budget. Think you'll be looking at the 37B650 lcd if you want DLNA on that budget.

YellowSphere

Yeah, that's a good set, unfortunately there's a panel lottery on it (meaning that if you bought two, even from the same supplier at the same time, they might have very different panels inside, and thusly produce different pictures). You'll find more about this in the LCD section.

However, Samsung have the best dlna file compatibility in general, so they're worth looking at overall as a brand for this type of thing.

duncfunk

does the panel lottery affect 40" panels or just 37" ones? From the prices I've seen that seems to be a very good deal on the 40B650. It's regarded as a very good tv so it seems to be your winner :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom