DLL message

teamleader

Standard Member
I had a problem with my orange livebox a week or so ago and managed after a while to get it sorted, it would not allow access to the internet.On Weds night i shutdown my media centre and clicked the box to update from windows and shutdown.However the next day after switching the media centre on i get a DLL message (sorry i can't be more specific as i'm using a works computer at the minute and have left the full message at home) after clicking to remove the message i can't get access to the internet again. Does anyone have any ideas ? is it possible the 2 faults are linked ?
Thanks

ijd

need the full dll message, as this will point you in the direction of the fault

teamleader

Standard Member
Thanks for the prompt replies, sorry for the delay in giving anymore info i'm again waiting for my internet connection at home to be back and running.
The full message in the dialogue box says ''RTHDCPL.EXE - illegal system DLL Relocation''
Whats confusing is i rang orange to report my livebox not working, went the the carry on of trying to connect again and was then told i had a problem with my account.I then rang customer services who told me engineers on Thursday were increasing my line speed, however they had found a fault. They could not fix it that day, the next day was Good Fri which they don't work, they don't work wk/ends and neither Easter Monday.So i'm now stuck till Tuesday and thats if they can fix the fault. Thanks again gents.

brassbellend

This message is caused by the realtek HD audio driver. The last windows update introduced the problem. There is a knowledge base article on the microsoft site and a link to a fix as well. I had this message on two of my home PC's, downloaded the fix and all is well now.

The fix is here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448#

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom