DLink DIR-825 issues with XBox 360

criticalmass

Established Member
Reaction score
On the basis of the Gadget Shows review & wanting to replace my Linksys router i've bought a DLink DIR-825 Quad Band router. Set it up last night and everything can connect wirelessly to it apart from my XBox 360 which is using the official Microsoft adapter.
The 360 can see both SSIDs, the 5GHz 802.11a/n and the 2.4GHz 802.11g/n and will connect to either of them but wont lease an IP address. I've tried setting the IP address manually but when i run a network test it says i'm not connected. Immediately i pulled the DLink out and put the Linksys WAG354G back in again and the 360 connected to it straight away, so its definately an issue with the DLink. My wifes MSI Wind can connect to the DLink no problem as does both our Sony C905 mobile phones so the wireless does work.
I'm a network engineer so this is my bread n butter but its got me puzzled, i've tried playing around with channels, etc but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? anyone got one of the 825's and have it working with their 360 wirelessly?

I also bought a DIR-825 router on the back of the review from the gadget show and i'm experiencing exactly the same problem.

I phoned Dlink, they weren't able to offer much help, just said they had not heard of there being a problem with this router and xbox 360 wireless.

I also bought a DIR-825 router on the back of the review from the gadget show and i'm experiencing exactly the same problem.

I phoned Dlink, they weren't able to offer much help, just said they had not heard of there being a problem with this router and xbox 360 wireless.

I logged a case on their self service portal which is absolutely appaling by the way, it just doesnt work properly, however i phoned them last night and went through tons of steps to try and get it working. Even stripped encryption right off and it still wouldn't work. Its been escalated to 2nd line support now. I'm having to use wired connection via homeplug into my 360 in the mean time which is ridiculous for a router that sets itself as a gaming router!

I'm having the exact same issue here; the 360 can 'see' the Dir-825 but simply won't connect.

If anyone has any suggestions they'd be most welcome!

I'm having the exact same issue here; the 360 can 'see' the Dir-825 but simply won't connect.

If anyone has any suggestions they'd be most welcome!

Can you phone DLink and log a call? The more people that do this the sooner they'll realise they need to fix it. There is literally no settings on the router that can fix the problem, i've tried everything.

Can't believe they missed something that fundamental, i mean surely they tested it with a 360

I have the same problem, xbox it's unable to connect both 2,4 and 5 Ghz. Any solution??

I have the same problem, xbox it's unable to connect both 2,4 and 5 Ghz. Any solution??

No solution, i've had a call logged with DLink since 27th May, its sitting at Escalated at the minute. I need to give them a call on Monday cos their self service portal is utterly [Mod Comment - Theydon Bois - Please let the swear filter do its job].

I suggest you log a call too since obviously the more people that log calls the higher priority it'l become. Its quite obviously an issue since i've seen loads of people now with exactly the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke to DLink yesterday & the issue is now well known to them so obviously quite a few people have spoken to them about it. The guy said its now with the development team and they believe it'll need a firmware update. Apparently the same problem happens with the PS3 as well.

I really cannot believe they let this slide through testing without noticing it didn't work with the 2 major consoles.

No estimated time for the firmware, apparently just have to keep an eye on their website.

Please, can you post your firmware's date? The date of mine not match with the firmware on dlink's website.
I'm thinking about reinstalling them.​

Please, can you post your firmware's date? The date of mine not match with the firmware on dlink's website.
I'm thinking about reinstalling them.​

The date on DLinks website is just the date they uploaded the firmware to the ftp site, the date stamp on the firmware once installed is 9th March 2009.

Firmware Version : 2.00EU , Mon, 9, Mar, 2009

Dlink emailed me a link to a new beta firmware today, applied that and the 360 now works so that problem is fixed. They have however introduced a new problem whereby the globe light on the front of the router that indicates its got an internet connection is now off permanently - not a biggie i know but i loath paying to beta test products!

Please, can you upload that firmware?
Can you confirm which includes Spanish language?
Thanks​

Hi, I have a Popcorn Hour A100 with WLAn WN 100 and have the same problem. Ther is a IP, but no conection! Do you have any idea?
THX

Seems beta firmware in dir-825 folder is updated. It includes release notes, but I don't see nothing about xbox.

Yeah i saw that, DLink emailed me with that Beta firmware and said it fixes the problem in the XBox firmware that turns off the internet connected light on the front of the router. They also said its in final stages of testing & will be full stable release in a couple of days.
I'm gonna wait for the stable release now then apply it. Annoying how they dont mention the 360 wireless issue as being resolved in the notes.

With beta firm the issue is solved and it seems that everything works fine, but there is another problem..... xbox don't see other computers in LAN, so the media center extender don't work

Stable firm is the same that beta, so the problem with media center is not solved

I just got the DIR-825 Rev B1 and I discovered this thread. I'm having the same problem with it no being about to get an IP on my Xbox 360 and my PS3.

I updated to the latest firmware, 2.02 but it still doesn't work.

My laptop, PSP, and DSi all work just fine.

Any ideas?

I just got the DIR-825 Rev B1 and I discovered this thread. I'm having the same problem with it no being about to get an IP on my Xbox 360 and my PS3.

I updated to the latest firmware, 2.02 but it still doesn't work.

My laptop, PSP, and DSi all work just fine.

Any ideas?

It works if you apply firmware DIR-825EU_B1_Beta.zip, its on the DLink FTP site.

It works if you apply firmware DIR-825EU_B1_Beta.zip, its on the DLink FTP site.

Smitty30:This firm fix the problem but it's for European version, may not work in USA version.

criticalmass: Other computers in your LAN are able to connect with Xbox?

Smitty30:This firm fix the problem but it's for European version, may not work in USA version.

criticalmass: Other computers in your LAN are able to connect with Xbox?

Dont know but that was never the issue this thread was about. It was about the 360 not getting an IP from the 825 via wireless and that has now been fixed. Any other issue you really need to take it up with DLink either on their support portal or phone them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom