• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DLC on new Xbox 360

GazCBG

Established Member
Hi,

I had an Xbox 360 but sold it and am thinking about getting another one, but would like to know the following.

I had Black Ops 2 Session Pass, BF3 Premium, Forza DLC etc....

Now when I setup my Gamertag that I had from my old Xbox 360, do I just go to my list of downloads on xbox.com and redownload the Session Pass, etc... to the new Xbox 360 or do I have to buy it all again?

Thanks

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You can re-download everything. You will want to do the DRM Process though to transfer your licences from what you have bought from the old console to the new :)

GazCBG

Established Member
If I did a license transfer and the person I sold my Xbox 360 to had bought DLC, would it not take there License as well?

Last edited:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If I did a license transfer and the person I sold my Xbox 360 to had bought DLC, would it not take there License as well?

No its tied to your gamertag but also to the console so you dont have to be online to play a arcade game. If you downloaded onto your new machine you would only be able to play the arcade game when connected to live. If you do the transfer it will tie it to your new console.

Have a look on Xbox.com for the DRM process :smashin:

GazCBG

Established Member
Thank you all.
I have done the License transfer no problems :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom