Behemoth “Conquer All”
Black Dahlia Murder “What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse”
Cannibal Corpse “Hammer Smashed Face”
God Forbid “Empire of the Gun”
Job for a Cowboy “Embedded”
Marilyn Manson “Disposable Teens”
Slayer “Black Magic”
Whitechapel “This Is Exile”

During Kevin and Bean's Breakfast with Green Day this morning on KROQ 106.7 FM, Green Day confirmed that they'll be doing

When an audience member asked them when their songs would be appearing in Rock Band, lead singer Billy Joe had the following to say: "Uh yeah, we're doing a whole Green Day Rock Band...uh." Uh? Is that a track pack, or a full game add-on? We've contacted Harmonix for more information, but until then all we have is "uh", along with this stunning revelation of the release date for "uh":
http://www.avforums.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=9678161
I'm not sure...soon. Like I think not this week, but this year soon...by the end of this year.

This of course leads us to the obvious question: how has Rock Band gotten away without having Green Day for this long?

Kotaku - Green Day Coming To Rock Band - Rock Band

a big 'meh', doesn't interest me one bit

Last edited:
I'll probably pick and choose a few songs rather than buy the whole album, but I reckon there'll be a few that will be fun to play.

Hopefully lots of oldies not the kiddie pop they do these days. I'd happily buy Dookie but I'd only want a handful of other tracks.

:thumbsup:

2 thumbs up to this news.

Wasn't a big fan myself until i took the ex's girl to Milton Keynes for the Bullet in a Bible DVD concert.

Was shocked how much they rocked! I prefer the older stuff mainly but the tracks off American Idiot are a must for me!

Cheers Lentini!!!!

I live in MK and was there too, great show. Some of the American Idiot tracks are good but it's Dookie all the way for me. I'm sure Basket Case will be on there, just so long as they don't forget about all the other greats on that album. Maybe it's an age thing as I loved Offspring around the same time and Smash is one of my favourite albums yet I don't really like much of their newer stuff. Everyone's too mainstream.

sadly basket case wasnt on the cracked RB unplugged file. there was about 18 songs so it sounds like a track pack. Wouldnt be suprised if the're saving basket case for RB3 which will be a shame but there was still some good songs mentioned. Dookie and Kerplunk were absolute quality, its gone down hill a bit from there. American idiot has a few good tracks but their new album is pretty poor IMHO.

Lets hope it comes out before I go see them in October.

No doubt ill buy the whole thing. Im a sucker for things that remind me of my youth:D

i like green day but i'm not sure how well punk translates to rock band. The drumming should be fun but i fear the guitar will be alt strumming chords all the way. Still the more the merrier imo.

i like green day but i'm not sure how well punk translates to rock band. The drumming should be fun but i fear the guitar will be alt strumming chords all the way. Still the more the merrier imo.

I was just about to say the exact same thing about the guitar charts. If its a AC/DC-esque release then its a no brainer: Buy, Import, sell. Job done.

I was wrong, its only 17 songs. Here is the list of the songs from the cracked RB unplugged file.

Green Day - "American Idiot"
Green Day - "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
Green Day - "Brain Stew"
Green Day - "Hitchin' A Ride"
Green Day - "Holiday"
Green Day - "Jaded"
Green Day - "Letterbomb"
Green Day - "Longview"
Green Day - "Minority"
Green Day - "Nice Guys Finish Last"
Green Day - "She"
Green Day - "She's A Rebel"
Green Day - "St. Jimmy"
Green Day - "Walking Contradiction"
Green Day - "Welcome To Paradise"
Green Day - "Whatsername"
Green Day - "When I Come Around"

If this is true (which is looking more likely by the minute) ill be getting the lot. drums will be fun:D

Will definately have go get those songs, a lot of my favs in there! :thumbsup:

Will definately have go get those songs, a lot of my favs in there! :thumbsup:
Ditto, a lot of good songs in there. Not all top nothc but not far off. A few notable admissions but that seems to be the way with these games.

@chewyx, I like to relive my youth also! Makes me sound old lol (27)

lol, hate to be the one to break it to you mate but you are old!!! As my mum kindly pointed out to me last night im 30 next year:eek: Im only 28 how can that be right!!!

I would like to think that they are hanging onto some of the bigger songs like basket case being ommited from this list and chelsea dagger (hate that song) fromt he fratellis pack springs to mind immediately to have them on RB3,4,5 etc.

I'm just glad 'Panic Song' isn't in there. I don't think my arm could take that intro. :suicide:

Loved Green Day through Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod. Went off them after that.

someone over on scorehero cracked one of the files on RB unplugged and pulled the list from there.

There was a few other songs from other bands aswell including enter sandman so we can but dream this will one day come back to us.

Nothing has been confirmed by HMX yet but I cant see why green day would have confirmed it themselves if it wasnt true. They didnt seem to know alot about it mind you. Cant see it being a standalone game. Wouldnt be suprised if its a track pack as im sure that makes HMX more money than having it as DLC and lets face it, while they might not be everyones cup of tea, alot of people (me included) will buy it even if its the same price as AC/DC was.

no basket case or jesus of suburbia...still a must for me tho.

ive dreamt of playing the full 9 min jesus since RB1.:mad:

You young whipper snappers!
27? 28? Pppfffffttttth - i've got pubic hairs older than that!

Maybe i can use that as an excuse for being crap at drumming; the poor eyesight, arthritis, dementia making me forget what i'm doing etc.. young whipper snappers indeed! ;)

Hope this is DLC, as there's only a few songs i'd pick up.

lol @ chewyx and stinja

Ditto, a lot of good songs in there. Not all top nothc but not far off. A few notable admissions but that seems to be the way with these games.

lol, hate to be the one to break it to you mate but you are old!!! As my mum kindly pointed out to me last night im 30 next year:eek: Im only 28 how can that be right!!!

I would like to think that they are hanging onto some of the bigger songs like basket case being ommited from this list and chelsea dagger (hate that song) fromt he fratellis pack springs to mind immediately to have them on RB3,4,5 etc.

:rotfl: I'm 30 THIS year. No biggie as far as I'm concerned. Older, wiser and still devastatingly handsome (my mums says so, ok ! :D). Dookie came out when I was about 14/15 I think. I loved it. Basket case and when I come around are what lead me to actually pick up a REAL guitar :rotfl: I tend to stick to the ones with 5 coloured buttons on the frets these days but I still enjoy a real thrash every no and then.

Will you old timers stop cackling on like old women and living in the past :D

Its about time us young uns (28 here :hiya:) put you out to pasture and kept things hip around here :smashin::smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom