DLC - End Game - March

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by shodan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,514
    PlayStation 3 owners who purchased Battlefield 3 Premium will receive the End Game DLC first on March 5.
    Premium owners playing on Xbox 360 and Windows PC will get access to the DLC on March 12.
    The DLC will release to all PS3 players on March 19 and all Xbox 360 players on March 26.

My PS3 has just downloaded a 2045MB update... I'm VERY excited! Except my youngest is off school with a stomach bug so I'm not allowed to play and I've got work this afternoon...

2. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,514
    False alarm, the download wasn't for End Game and at 0956, End Game isn't available from the Playstation Store or via in game Store......

Come on, come on, come on...

3. davidg1230

davidg1230

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
  4. ibrox_grfc

ibrox_grfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,814
    Anybody played it yet and is it any good?

Thanks to PS+ my PS3 has already downloaded the patch and now the dlc itself but I wont get a chance to play it until the weekend

5. bubs999

bubs999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +631
    It's okay. Couldn't get used to the air missions, I just can't fly the plans (managed 3 kills compared to most who were in the 20's)

Capture the flag is a laugh (don't know what else was in the pack)

6. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,514
    I'm a massive bf3 fan so probably biased. But I think it's another cracking dlc. Since its release its the only game I've played.

Mostly I play tdm (never bothered with the vehicles much) but I'm loving the air superiority mode. Although I am appallingly bad at it.

I mean in one game I went 0-23 and most of the 23 were me flying into things like the ground, the sea, other aircraft etc etc.

Oh and the motorbikes are brilliant!

All in all, despite me being a tightarse git, I've no regrets about buying the game or becoming a premium member. I reckon I'll still be playing it when the ps4 comes out.

I've hardly touched Rush, not touched the tanks and only been a chopper pilot a handful of times so there's plenty to keep me going. And I hear it has a campaign mode too...

It's just a shame that despite 165 of hours playing it, I'm still really really crap!

7. breadmaker6

breadmaker6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +730
    So I've been playing this DLC for a good few hours now and I have to say it's probably one of the best yet....BUT it's also the most frustrating!

I'm an objective game mode fan and in my opinion the maps probably are the best looking of all them but are again obviously designed with PC 64players in mind. They are some of the most open with multiple ways in, so unless you are playing on a team that plays as a team with proper mix of classes, your not going to win. The game at the moment is full of people with questionable sexuality playing 'Sniper' at the back of the maps and going for KD ratios. Either that or they are in their own little world and don't know that you can use the left and right on the d-pad to access stuff that helps your team!

The motorbikes are a great fun addition. But the new AA and the overpowered Stingers/Iglas mean that helicopters are rendered useless as a means of getting to the objectives now. I wish they would look at the vehicle balance on the game as much as they do the guns and I say that as someone who has been on the end of plenty of deaths at the hands of skilled chopper pilots. For me it needs to go back to the vehicle balance of BFBC2. There you had choppers that if you had a skilled pilot would control a game. But you also had simple AA guns that when you controlled would keep the choppers away allowing your team to attack or defend on an even keel.

It's still a great game..and I will continue playing it for some time. Well, at least until BF4 comes out on PS4 :)