DLC: Armoured Kill

I fancy having a play in one of those artillery rocket launcher thingies though. Only problem with those is it's a one man operation so you drive to where you want to be, then have to switch to the gunnery chair to rain down destruction on 'em. While you're doing that you're a sitting duck!

looks like a mode designed for console where all the action is up close to counter the lower player count.

Cue pc whinging in:
;)

turk3y said:
looks like a mode designed for console where all the action is up close to counter the lower player count.

Cue pc whinging in:
;)

Umm... No... Why would pc players whine??

There is already something better than a SMAW, it's called a Javelin.

it's not great though when you can release IR smoke or flares, too easy to avoid Javelins imo. Also wish they would fix the Javelins so you can target ground areas.

Umm... No... Why would pc players whine??

I did not mean here, on battle log where it seems battlefield should only be on pc and these pesky consoles keep watering down their game, 64 players and 10 tanks will not impress them if 24 players also get 10 tanks, they will claim its a console mode for small servers etc... they even seem to lurk in the console section trolling :/

I think this mode might be more like the gun master, fun for a few goes but not really going to rival conquest or rush. Lets hope they have other modes up there sleeves.

quite looking forward to this one tho, more so than CQ and I do quite like that.

turk3y said:
I did not mean here, on battle log where it seems battlefield should only be on pc and these pesky consoles keep watering down their game, 64 players and 10 tanks will not impress them if 24 players also get 10 tanks, they will claim its a console mode for small servers etc... they even seem to lurk in the console section trolling :/

I think this mode might be more like the gun master, fun for a few goes but not really going to rival conquest or rush. Lets hope they have other modes up there sleeves.

quite looking forward to this one tho, more so than CQ and I do quite like that.

Ive gotta a feeling that there will be enough tanks to go around for those pesky pc players and even if there isn't there will be squads of engineers with javelins and smaw/rpgs .. All in all I think it could be a complete demolition derby cluster fudge :smashin:

All in all I think it could be a complete demolition derby cluster fudge :smashin:

I actually miss the chaos of the old DD, and if the current dirt game was an arcade title I would have snapped it up.

If you put it like that then yes I can see some major carnage going down :)

it will either be the cluster fudge, or really tactical with folks trying to keep out of soflam / citv range, shelling the flag with grunts running in to contend it as the tanks wont last 5 seconds.....

the more i think about how it will play the more i am interested to see it in action, still hope there are more modes to come tho :thumbsup:

Not really looking forward to a vehicle based expansion pack, I suck at driving :( Havent even really played CQ yet but I guess its a good reason to try and improve my driving skills.

It's got some Armoured Kill footage in it along with Aftermath clips but mostly concentrates on their new premium edition game.

So how much is this AK dlc going to cost?
And is there any truth that it's free if you've already purchased the BF3 premium pack?

Bill Hicks said:
So how much is this AK dlc going to cost?
And is there any truth that it's free if you've already purchased the BF3 premium pack?

All DLC is included with Premium :)

Just seen a couple of screens for AK on Facebook. A nighttime and snowy maps.

The video said 11th for North America and 14th for Europe. I'm guessing that's the PS3 dates so premium members will get it on the 21st?

The video said 11th for North America and 14th for Europe. I'm guessing that's the PS3 dates so premium members will get it on the 21st?

That's the dates for the CD version of the game with premium. DLC doesn't normally get split between territories on Xbox. They said during the ea conference that the PS3 would get armored kill on the 4th.

So we'll get it on the 11th then. That sounds more like it! Don't suppose they revealed what this months bonus content drop is did they? We're half way through the month already and haven't heard anything about it.

Premium page says double XP event for premium members on the 25th and 26th. I actually think I'll be around for it this time!

Yep, should be the 11th (same day as the FIFA demo). It would be great timing as I am off work on the 12th.

No word on the content drop yet, I would have expected it to be announced or come out this week to tie up with the gamescom events. It will only be camo, dogtags or more assignments anyway. The best we could get is a new weapon.

Yeah, I was hoping for a new weapon. Camos etc. usually come in the 'Soldier Upgrades' bit (should be called 'useless tat'). I still think the engi could do with some new rocket launcher type thing. A more effective stinger would be nice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom