DLC 31st May - Ozzy Osbourne 8 Pack

Big

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey gang!

As announced in the Game Informer interview last month (you know, the one that broke the news on all the huge artists we've seen as DLC these past few weeks), we're releasing an Ozzy 8 pack of classic metal DLC next week!

The Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack will include classics from the recently re-released Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of A Madman, including “Mr. Crowley”, “Diary of a Madman” and “Over the Mountain”. Fans who purchase the pack will also be able to play “Bark at the Moon” and “Mama, I’m Coming Home”, both of which are only available as part of the pack, and both of which include built-in Pro Guitar/Bass upgrades at no additional cost.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 31):

• “Bark at the Moon” X (available only as part of the 8-pack)
• “Diary of a Madman”
• “Flying High Again”
• “I Don’t Know”
• “Mama, I’m Coming Home” X (available only as part of the 8-pack)
• “Mr. Crowley” X
• “Over the Mountain”
• “Steal Away (The Night)”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 1)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” have optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions available.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1350 Wii Points) for Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack

Bit annoyed at having to pay for the pack to get all the pro guitar upgrades.

so this is the new tactic theyre going to use, release a pack and a couple of the songs(arguably the most popular, well one at least) are not available as a single download, only if you buy the whole pack!
underhand tactics. :mad:

More than likely its part of the licensing agreement.

Sent from my HTC Desire using AVForums

so they(whoever they are) agreed to license the songs but only if 2 of them were only available if you buy all of them? to me it seems unlikely.
theyre shooting themselves in the foot because id like bark at the moon but im not buying the whole pack, theyve lost a sale and im sure alot more.

Yeah, the fact that Bark at the Moon is only available in the 8-pack has been known for a while now. They've attempted to placate people by including the Pro-upgrades for both of the exclusive songs for free but that's not much consolation for those of us who don't care about Pro Guitar/Bass but really wanted Bark at the Moon.

Had all the songs been available as singles I would have got BatM and Mr. Crowley. As it stands I'm buying nothing because even though I can get the latter as a single, I won't on principle. I'd advise anyone else who feels annoyed about this to do the same.

Not much good to those of us that would have only been interested in the pro tracks either.

There's no way I'll be buying the whole pack just to get those.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Aye, they've shot themselves in the foot this week, haven't they?

To buy the 3 songs with pro upgrade would have been 720MS points. If you buy the pack and upgrade the remaining song it is 1160MS points. That means you'd get the remaining 5 songs for 440MS points.

Don't care about the licensing stuff. This is an awesome pack and an instabuy. I haven't bought much recently but this is a brilliant week for content. Doesn't matter that I wont be able to play much of it on expert. Anyone who can match rhandy rhoades on guitar is a god!

Big said:
To buy the 3 songs with pro upgrade would have been 720MS points. If you buy the pack and upgrade the remaining song it is 1160MS points. That means you'd get the remaining 5 songs for 440MS points.

Which is great, if you're going to play them. I've already got loads of tracks from various incarnations of RB that I've never played, without paying out for anymore for an artist I can take or leave anyway.

Can't remember the last time I played a non-pro track.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

I don't own a jot of Ozzy Osbourne in my CD collection. Never really been all that into his stuff, but at the same time I don't mind it either. But I can 'hear' several of those songs just by thinking about them, so they've clearly had some effect. So I'm probably quite interested in this pack. I don't mind the packaging - I tend towards buying whole packs anyway.

Well that will teach me to buy before reading the AV Forums. Saw the Ozzy pack and being a big Ozzy fan I downloaded it straight away. Sadly most of my favourite tracks are Non-Pro. In fact there are a lot of non-pro tracks. Fooled me because I thought this was going to be a big Pro-Release. Getting the feeling, slowely, that the Pro Guitar isn't high on the developers list of priorities. :(

Anyway. Jokes on me.

They effectively gave away the Pro upgrades for the two "exclusive" songs for free. Charting Pro Guitar/Bass is very time consuming, so they can only do so many on a weekly basis.

Yeah I know, but sadly they didn't do the ones I really wanted. I know, you can't please all the people all the time, but the ones they did pick were not, in my opinion, the better ones, other than Mr Crowley (of course). Do you think they will release a pro upgrade for any of the other ozzy tracks?

I'd say it's unlikely for a while.

Funnily enough, although I wasn't going to buy the pack, I did post my (non-ranting) thoughts about the exclusive bundling of songs on the official forums last week. I just logged into the site this afternoon to find a PM from HMXHenry with a free code for the whole pack! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'd say it unlikely for a while.

Funnily enough, although I wasn't going to buy the pack, I did post my (non-ranting) thoughts about the exclusive bundling of songs on the official forums last week. I just logged into the site this afternoon to find a PM from HMXHenry with a free code for the whole pack! :thumbsup:

Nice one. Shows they must be listening and may affect future decisions by them?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom