Dlc 26/5

Llamatronian

Hey all,

Next week we have a 3-pack from Ministry, two from The Zombies, and one from The Cranberries. Don't linger on these tracks once they show up in the store. HA! Hahahahahahahaha!

I'll go back in my hole now.

Tracks:

Ministry “Cuz U R Next”
Ministry “LiesLiesLies”
Ministry “The Great Satan”
The Zombies “She’s Not There”
The Zombies “Tell Her No”
The Cranberries “Linger”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

The Ministry tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Ministry Pack 01” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system. These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks only for Wii.

Release Date:
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and in-game Rock Band 2 Music Store for Wii)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
(PlayStation®Store)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) for Xbox 360 per track
$2.00 (200 Wii Points for Wii) per track
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Ministry Pack 01”

I'm almost out of M$ points again so won't be picking any of these up immediately but will be reading all of your opinions on them and pick up any that are recommended when I have stocked up again!

Tufty McTavish

I am deeply excited by the prospect of some Cranberries. I always think that if they get the one song then they also got a load more at the same time. I did read an amusingly snarky comment, possibly over at Giant Bomb, about Harmonix releasing Linger rather than Zombie by The Cranberries. They went on to suggest that combining the Linger track with some by The Zombies was tantamount to a tease.

Big Cranberries fan here. They're #4 in my most-played list over at Last.FM for instance. Interestingly I see that Linger is their #2 most played song, again as shown by data logged at Last.FM.

Bursar

Novice Member
Just watched Linger on YouTube, and it's not that exciting on drums. Pretty much a long snare roll through the whole song. Guitar doesn't look too bad though. They should have released Zombie instead.

Also watched She's not there, and that looks much more interesting to play. Not interested in any of the others.

Llamatronian

..... I did read an amusingly snarky comment, possibly over at Giant Bomb, about Harmonix releasing Linger rather than Zombie by The Cranberries. They went on to suggest that combining the Linger track with some by The Zombies was tantamount to a tease.......

I never picked up on that! Like you, I also reckon that if you get a band 'onboard' it should be a formality getting more of their stuff (I'm looking at you Axl Rose :mad: ) and it does almost seem too much of a hint releasing Linger at the same time as songs by The Zombies. Maybe it's a nod towards a RB3 track?

Greasychipbutty

Could only afford t purchase Linger yesterday.

I love the song anyway as it holds good memories for me but even tho i fc'd it 1st attempt, i thoroughly enjoyed playin it and it will be a regular addition to my quick play sets now. :thumbsup:

Tufty McTavish

I like how Linger is boosted by the crowd singing along! That felt really good playing that; a song I like, by a band I like a lot, but different because of the game features.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom