DLC 23rd November John Lennons Imagine.

Captain Speedy

VG247 » Blog Archive » John Lennon's Imagine album hitting Rock Band 3 November 23

Harmonix and MTV Games has announced a date for John Lennon’s Imagine on Rock Band 3, featuring Pro Guitar and Pro Bass.

It will be available November 23 on Xbox 360, Wii (US & UK) and PS3 (US) and November 24 on PS3 in the UK.

“The songs on John Lennon’s Imagine run the gamut from beautiful piano-driven ballads like ‘Jealous Guy’ to all-out guitar rockers like ‘Gimme Some Truth’,” said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president of electronic games, music and programming for MTV Networks. “It’s an incredible musical statement, and a real workout on keyboard, guitar and vocals in Rock Band 3. We’re very excited to be able to bring this masterpiece to Rock Band fans.”

Here’s the tracks, with the song Imagine already on the RB3 disc:

Crippled Inside
Jealous Guy
It’s So Hard
I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier Mama
Gimme Some Truth
Oh My Love
How Do You Sleep? (X)
How?
Oh Yoko!

Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Non-Pro modes will run you $1.99/£.99/€1.49//160 MSP/200 Wii points individually, and $14.99/£7.49/ €10.99/1,200 MSP/ 1,500 Wii Points for the full album.

Bamford38

Banned
I think ill only get jealous guy from this lot.
Has here been any more word on when he billy joel pack is coming out?

Captain Speedy

Big

Just Jealous Guy for me and even then I'll wish it was the Roxy Music cover.

Captain Speedy

Just Jealous Guy for me and even then I'll wish it was the Roxy Music cover.

Damn i didn't even realise it was that song (not a big Lennon fan) I will probably do exactly the same.

PlexShaw

I'm a massive fan of the film Rushmore, so Oh Yoko! is a must have for me.

Spidey987

Bought the album tonight, first full pack since the Doors and noticed that How Do You Sleep? doesn't have pro guitar/bass unlocked, I had assumed that buying the full pack gave you everything, is this the norm?

Goooner

Distinguished Member
You need to buy the pro guitar upgrade too unfortunately, 80 points, I think :(

Spidey987

Those Doors freebies spoilt me, didn't think for a second they'd be charging anything on top of full packs. It doesn't really effect me as I doubt I'll be getting a pro guitar in the near future, if ever but still, what a crappy way to do things.

Big

Those Doors freebies spoilt me, didn't think for a second they'd be charging anything on top of full packs. It doesn't really effect me as I doubt I'll be getting a pro guitar in the near future, if ever but still, what a crappy way to do things.

Actually it's better for you. If the pro guitar stuff was included in the pack you'd just pay more for it including those who don't own pro guitar.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Just guessing, but I suppose there must be a whole lot more work involved charting the proper notes/chords etc for pro guitar. Of course, I'd prefer it to be included in the normal price, but I can live with the extra.

PlexShaw

According to Harmonix it takes the same length of time to chart Pro Guitar/Bass as it does for everything else combined.

Tufty McTavish

yup, seems a fine way to do it to me. If I want it, it's there, it doesn't cost me if I don't, and it seems good value for the work going into it. Really don't see the problem with the pro guitar stuff.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Much better they do it they way they are, rather than lump it all in together and charge an extra 80 points for something the majority of people will never use.

Tufty McTavish

Well I listened to all the songs in this album pack, but I didn't know any of them! Before my time, clearly. I normally pick up songs that prod my attention but I passed on this little lot.

Llamatronian

more RB problems for me :mad:

I was feeling a bit flush so decided to pick up the Imagine album last night, my only problem is everytime i try to download it I get an error message half way through the download. Anyone else experienced this?

edit - had the message a few times now, it seems to download a bit of the pack then give an error msg, when i select redownload it d/l a bit more..... rinse and repeat. upto 80% now so looks like i will get there with a little perseverence.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom