DL10 & Speakers

LDJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the speakers OFF on the DL10 for good?
If I turn them off in the menu, they turn themselves back on as soon as the set is brought out of standby. I want them off and left off all the time, but changing it in the menu doesn't seem to have this effect :(

LDJ said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the speakers OFF on the DL10 for good?
If I turn them off in the menu, they turn themselves back on as soon as the set is brought out of standby. I want them off and left off all the time, but changing it in the menu doesn't seem to have this effect :(
What happens when you turn the volume to zero - is that level not remembered when you switch on again?

I dont know. The thing is, I have the TV connected to a sony home cinema 5.1 kit via the phono outputs on the rear of the set, and these only appear to be activated when you turn the speakers to OFF in the menu, so just turning the sound right down just leaves me with no audio from either speakers :(

LDJ said:
I dont know. The thing is, I have the TV connected to a sony home cinema 5.1 kit via the phono outputs on the rear of the set, and these only appear to be activated when you turn the speakers to OFF in the menu, so just turning the sound right down just leaves me with no audio from either speakers :(
Is there any way you can connect via scart? I have my Sony connected to a DVD home theatre system via scart and that audio level seems to be unaffected by the TV volume.

Still struggling with this. Had it connected via scart up until now, but I need the second scart socket now and those damn speakers wont turn off! :(

Looks like i'm gong to have to contac Sony for the answer. Has anyone had to contact them in the past, and if so did they reply prompty?
I'm always apprehensive when contacting large manufacturers 'cos they either send out generic/template replies, or just dont answer at all! :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom